Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: MM3 Alert Settings

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Alert Settings

Hello,

Can anyone recommend alert settings on the MM3 for temps and pressures?

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Alert Settings

Quote Originally Posted by CWACK View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone recommend alert settings on the MM3 for temps and pressures?
    You could do coolant temp, trans temp if you have an automatic, EGT if you have the EGT probe installed.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yup- i had the same question......... setting alert values.

I picked the parameters i wanted to monitor and wrote them down. Then recorded the "normal" value under various conditions, i.e. highway driving, back road driving, towing heavy, towing light..... you get the idea. Of course the most demanding conditions could be used to establish the set points but defining the variances was a priority, though you will be surprised how consistent things really are.

Once i knew where things are normally i just set the points a tad higher. At first you may get false alarms and may need to adjust but over time you will get it dialed in.

Ok, I'f that's too much work just hop online and look up the normal value of........... what ever you choose.

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Yup- i had the same question......... setting alert values.

I picked the parameters i wanted to monitor and wrote them down. Then recorded the "normal" value under various conditions, i.e. highway driving, back road driving, towing heavy, towing light..... you get the idea. Of course the most demanding conditions could be used to establish the set points but defining the variances was a priority, though you will be surprised how consistent things really are.

Once i knew where things are normally i just set the points a tad higher. At first you may get false alarms and may need to adjust but over time you will get it dialed in.

Ok, I'f that's too much work just hop online and look up the normal value of........... what ever you choose.

Cheers,
    Great advice, good answer.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.