Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Tuning, EGR, and Exhaust Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning, EGR, and Exhaust Questions

Hey everyone, yes I'm new to the site and a noob as well.

I just had a few questions for everyone that hopefully can help me figure out the route I want to go.

So I'm getting ready to remove "stuff" from my truck for "off-road use only."

I am going to register to be a lifetime platinum member on the site and want to get tunes from ray at DRD.

When I get my EGR/throttle valve delete kit and FLO~PRO exhaust is this able to all be installed in my driveway?

I'm not a mechanic, but I have tools and basic knowledge (not a dummy).

I'm asking because I live in comnifornia… I mean California, and I don't want to order everything and not be able to install it all myself and no shops that will help me as well.

Any help/info or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Thanks watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning, EGR, and Exhaust Questions

Welcome friend!

Yes if you got some mechanical skills and maybe a friend to give you a hand and a few hours to kill.

You could do it yourself but having an extra set of hands is great!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Make a trip to Oregon for some good micro brews and we can get those DRD spark plugs installed in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes, no problem!

Always a good idea to YouTube a few videos prior, but can easily be done in the driveway.

One guy had posted he did his in the Walmart parking lot with tools he purchased inside.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

YouTube is your friend in this case and lots of spray lubricant for the exhaust grommets.

Lots of stuff to disconnect and some of those parts that fall off can be a tad heavy so an extra pair of hands is something you want to have.

The Shibby connector kit is highly recommended to preserve the wiring in and under your rig.

Cheap insurance.

I would keep a Thesaurus handy as sometimes it takes the right curse word to get things apart.

I am sure @BlackBart might have a few suggestions as well.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

10. Likes SyN, watersupply189, BlackBart liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    YouTube is your friend in this case and lots of spray lubricant for the exhaust grommets.

Lots of stuff to disconnect and some of those parts that fall off can be a tad heavy so an extra pair of hands is something you want to have.

The Shibby connector kit is highly recommended to preserve the wiring in and under your rig.

Cheap insurance.

I would keep a Thesaurus handy as sometimes it takes the right curse word to get things apart.

I am sure @BlackBart might have a few suggestions as well.
    72F5D1A3-2EA0-4882-BAE3-A7D5C00DF556.jpg

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Nothing is very difficult, just time consuming.

Tips that may help are use lots of silicone spray on the exhaust hangers.

Soak the bolts on the exhaust with PB Blaster several hrs before you start.

Keep your batteries charged while the hood is open and go for a drive before loading the tune.

Tune first then start disconnecting parts.

YouTube is your friend.

For extra room, you can use 2 ramps on both passenger side tires and just drive up on them.

You'll have plenty of room to take off everything underneath the truck.

The pipe from the turbo is the hardest, a friend really helps on that and so does removing the pass side liner.

Use a small amount of gasket maker to stick that old gasket to the turbo while lining up that pipe while you mess with the v-clamp if you are doing that one.

Don't have your mother near because she may not approve of the words that come out when messing with these connectors and heavy pipes.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post