Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: VGT actuator is pulsing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

VGT actuator is pulsing

Today I figured out (with Ray's help) why the power has been pulsing for the past two weeks. Actuator is dying. What actuator and where to buy. Should I go with a new VGT altogether? Need to figure this out fast, because the Cat's gotta keep getting to the job sites!! I need a long term fix, and I think I want to stay with VGT because of exhaust brake. Frankly I don't even know where to start considering the internet has so many 6.7 turbo and parts offerings. TIA

2. Thanks cwendel thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, cwendel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: VGT actuator is pulsing

A second gen swap with an aftermarket exhaust brake is a costly, yet functional upgrade at this time. I am not aware of solid VGT choices, so I hope someone else can speak to that. This is a choice most of us have to entertain at some point I hear.

2012 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 auto deleted Mini Maxx studded on 35's

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedC View Post
    Today I figured out (with Ray's help) why the power has been pulsing for the past two weeks. Actuator is dying. What actuator and where to buy. Should I go with a new VGT altogether? Need to figure this out fast, because the Cat's gotta keep getting to the job sites!! I need a long term fix, and I think I want to stay with VGT because of exhaust brake. Frankly I don't even know where to start considering the internet has so many 6.7 turbo and parts offerings. TIA
    I would highly recommend this option, no calibration required.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/...3/engine-turbo

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes watersupply189, JSPulliam21 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Check with @Geno's Garage.

They sell the actuator and it doesn’t need calibration.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have a City Diesel Actuator in stock if you'd like me to shoot it out to you my friend.

No calibration is required and is much cheaper then the whole turbo.

Myself and Geno's are now dealers.

They tell me we are the only two they have let sell their products so we are very blessed to have them on our shelf!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What were the symptoms?

Have a similar issue.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post