Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocks

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I have a friend who is very mechanically skilled & talented & always thinks outside the box like crazy - we kinda feed off each other but - I'm like Tim the Tool Man Taylor!

Anyway he installed his rear air bags with stainless steel line instead of the plastic hose that comes with the kits! I might offer him a few cold beers and supper if he will supervise me doing mine...

Thank you for taking the time to post the pics!
    Good idea with the stainless.

You could easily raise the rear of the truck 4” with the bags.

If you find a decent air compressor / onboard air management system, let me know.

That would make connecting to a trailer much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16' Ram 2500, long bed, 3000lb toolbox, MM3 tuner, EGRless tuned by DRD, kicker 12's, viper alarm with remote start. Delete warp tunes by DRD, 12v sound, whistle sound, race pipe exhaust & 30” FTE resonator

19’ Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Done deal, shark bite fittings. Run with airbags together or separate. A few more zip ties, little flat black paint, call it a day.

16' Ram 2500, long bed, 3000lb toolbox, MM3 tuner, EGRless tuned by DRD, kicker 12's, viper alarm with remote start. Delete warp tunes by DRD, 12v sound, whistle sound, race pipe exhaust & 30” FTE resonator

19’ Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

4. Thanks watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Many thanks for the time it took to post the pics!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houairman View Post
    Bags installed today. Ran them separately, two fill stems on the drop hitch. Going to get 2 tees and a ball valve. 1/4” compression, cheap and easy upgrade. It would allow even fill with the valve open, then the option to run them together or separately.

To my surprise, it takes very little air pressure, the set the truck level. 5 to 10 psi, to raise the rear 3/4”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if you run into any issues with mud or debris hitting those fill stems in that location , another good place to put them as i did the same thing running 2 lines. the hard plastic molding that is behind your license plate. I drilled holes and put them there, no bending over and at night with running lights on I could see them. you did a Awesome job . on my last truck i had firestone bags and used Bilstein 5100's as well but it was part of a lift kit with new coils and control arms etc. I also added a leaf to my leaf pack which when driving empty it put the truck rear up about 1/2. the bags i kept 5 or below when empty. when i was empty and had bags higher than 10psi my rear felt some tail wag. You will get it dialed in.

oh and you will get some rubbing over time putting the air line over the trac bar. if you like that spot and want to keep it there, get some bicycle tire tubing and cut some pieces to protect the air lines where ever they are likely to rub.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 06-14-2020 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Thanks Houairman, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12