Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW DODGE 2500

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm at 25000 miles and only went into Regen once.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So I'm kind of digging up a thread here but I may have a little info.

Without putting to much info out there, I do know of several '13-'14 trucks that have been "deleted" successfully. There is 2 ways to go about it, the first way is how the trucks at Semi last year were deleted. And that is by replacing the entire ECM with a '12 ECM which has been reflashed to accommodate the '13-'14 hardware.(this also requires some slight repinning of the harness).

The second way which is proving much less difficult but in no way cheaper, is by purchasing a programmer for the '13-'14 and then sending it to an experienced programmer to be re-tuned for the delete. At this point you can replace the entire exhaust with a kit for a slightly older truck. I have personally seen this done and I am planning to do this to my truck once I get a little closer to my warranty expiring. I would post contact info for said "experienced programmer" but as previously stated I don't want to risk any headache due to the EPA nonsense.

Another thing to keep in mind for the other G56 owners out there, is that the dual mass flywheels have a track record of "grenading" when putting more than 500hp to them. (Not that everyone out there is going to but it isn't very difficult to reach the limits) To resolve this I would recommend replacing the flywheel and clutch with a solid mass flywheel and matching clutch per your needs. (i.e., single-disk, double-disk, street, towing, etc..)

And as far as "waiting for something to be released".... I don't forsee any aftermarket programming company releasing any "delete" tunes for any 2013+ diesels in the future. This EPA crack down doesn't show signs of letting up anytime soon if ever. So anyone looking for DPF deletes should start doing more research and networking with people who have had success doing so.

P.S. I am almost at 19k miles and I have easily put 30gallons of DEF in my truck already. 5 gallons just in the drive from Florida to Wyoming. (pulling 16klb gooseneck)

3. Top Of Page | #23
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

@WoodytheShit thanks for that info

However the G56 transmission flywheels have been a issue since day one and prior to that all duel mass flywheels have been issues. This is know on all levels of repair from small shop to dealership (remove and install a solid flywheel)

And for releasing tunes you don't know about efi live, in that company there is this awesome lady names Cindy she tells us alot about what is going on and they are working on the 13+ stuff right now but are not going to touch the 03/04 trucks that is out the window. So we run either a 06 ecm re pinned or udc

4. Thanks Calibrated Addiction thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I apologize about the flywheel comment then, I just had not seen it mentioned so I figured I would post that info for anyone who may not know. I owned a heavily modified LB7 Duramax before I got my cummins and I knew little about dual mass flywheels until this truck. There's always someone out there who doesnt know, right?

And I have had extensive experience with efi live but it has been several years. So again I apologize about my ignorance in the matter. I was unaware that efi live was pursuing delete tunes for customers. I'm glad to hear that atleast something is "in the works" for the future.

6. Top Of Page | #25
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Don't apologize, I also forget knowing so much and hearing it over and over and over and over and over and over agsin it get tiring doing the correcting and filling in the gaps with information.

7. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Woody can you pm me.

8. Top Of Page | #27
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodytheShit View Post
    So I'm kind of digging up a thread here but I may have a little info.

Without putting to much info out there, I do know of several '13-'14 trucks that have been "deleted" successfully. There is 2 ways to go about it, the first way is how the trucks at Semi last year were deleted. And that is by replacing the entire ECM with a '12 ECM which has been reflashed to accommodate the '13-'14 hardware.(this also requires some slight repinning of the harness).

The second way which is proving much less difficult but in no way cheaper, is by purchasing a programmer for the '13-'14 and then sending it to an experienced programmer to be re-tuned for the delete. At this point you can replace the entire exhaust with a kit for a slightly older truck. I have personally seen this done and I am planning to do this to my truck once I get a little closer to my warranty expiring. I would post contact info for said "experienced programmer" but as previously stated I don't want to risk any headache due to the EPA nonsense.

Another thing to keep in mind for the other G56 owners out there, is that the dual mass flywheels have a track record of "grenading" when putting more than 500hp to them. (Not that everyone out there is going to but it isn't very difficult to reach the limits) To resolve this I would recommend replacing the flywheel and clutch with a solid mass flywheel and matching clutch per your needs. (i.e., single-disk, double-disk, street, towing, etc..)

And as far as "waiting for something to be released".... I don't forsee any aftermarket programming company releasing any "delete" tunes for any 2013+ diesels in the future. This EPA crack down doesn't show signs of letting up anytime soon if ever. So anyone looking for DPF deletes should start doing more research and networking with people who have had success doing so.

P.S. I am almost at 19k miles and I have easily put 30gallons of DEF in my truck already. 5 gallons just in the drive from Florida to Wyoming. (pulling 16klb gooseneck)
    Was just thinking of this the other day my friend here in town just bought a 2014 ctd and I have several 2012 pcm tipm wipm combos. I'll be looking at the schematics soon so I can figure out just what needs to be repinned. On the other hand do you know who is capable of flashing the 13 cm2350 o's into a cm2200 feel free to pm me if your not comfortable replying on the forum.

9. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I thought about the 2012 ecu option as well but didn't know pin outs and what would work and what wouldn't due to the chip changes etc

10. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm sorry but I do not have a direct contact for someone who does know how to reflash the PCM's for that purpose. But I would try contacting Complete Customs out of McKinney, Texas. I know they've been active at SEMA with the newer Diesels so they might be able to help you out with that.

11. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The trick is finding these experienced programmers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast