Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW DODGE 2500

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

you guys are based out of amarillo right?

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have the 2013. So as of now the only thing I can do performance wise is the exhaust from the DPF back? If so, which exhaust do you recommend? Thanks..

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Also wondering about exhaust options. I have a '14 3500 SRW 6 speed and this truck is way too damn quiet LOL between how quiet the truck is and the not so great throttle response, if the windows are shut and i have the radio on i have to look down at the tach to rev match a downshift because I cant hear the engine. I was going to remove the intake baffle for a little more intake/turbo noise but beyond that idk what to do.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

In intake baffle makes a little different not much. If you want a huge turbo/exhaust brake noise difference looks into s&b's filters. It's awesome that's what I have on mine of you would like installed pics/videos of noise pm me I'd be happy to send them.

As far as exhausts go nothing you change from DPF back will make it louder. There is no muffler stock is just a 4 inch straight pipe back from the DPF. Don't believe me crawl under and look.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

As far as the throttle response that is due to the torque management. I believe...

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dont want to hijack the thread but if it is the torque management its utterly horrible. Its my only frustration with this truck. I cant just blip the throttle to downshift, I have to literally ride the throttle half the time to get the tach to move on a downshift LOL its annoying, add that to not being able to hear the engine at all and its difficult to make clean downshifts. Rolling downhill or up to a red light with the bobcat behind me i'd like to be able to let the exhaust brake slow me down but its tricky to make the shifts sometimes.

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Currently y'all with the '13 and newer are stuck waiting a bit. Can put in a new intake, but other than hearing the turbo a bit more it really doesn't do much performance wise. Stock air box flows pretty good as is. Exhaust from DPF won't change anything (as said before) and yes throttle response is due to the torque management, on the manual. (Havent heard of it on the auto, but wouldn't surprise me.) Instead of putting a decent clutch in these trucks the put that dual mass flywheel in it so it is quieter but it can't handle the torque, so they keep you cut back quite a bit. Save your penny's for now until someone comes out with something that'll actually get rid of all the epa crap. Until then, not much if anything can be done that won't cause more headaches than its worth.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So far haven't had much issues with my new pickup, but still very new the auto tranny down shift is slow, or don't help unless I have it in tow haul mode. Then it works great.
    Edge now has a programmer for the 13-14 years, check it out, Also how is everyones mileage ? Hwy 22mpg, in town 16 mpg

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I haven't had any issues with mine either except for 1 rear axel seal leak. But other than that no issues even with the auto tranny. Only complaint I have is that it shifts to sixth way to early and sometimes when going up a hill I will get transmission shutter because Rpms are to low. But if I let off the gas then get back into it the tranny downshifts and it's fine. I really holding out for h&s tuning so that I can download their overdrive transmission tuning software and space the top end gears shift points out a little more.

10. Likes Dustincayko liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

TS Performance has come out with the Styker for the new trucks and gives a power bump and keeps from Regenning so much

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast