Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: MM3 TPMS Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 TPMS Issues

I’m having difficulties (it ain’t working) changing the TPMS settings on my 2012 with MM3.

The 35’s don’t need 70 PSI all the time.

Good batteries, key set to on, set the new values, dash lights turn on and a few dings on the dashboard so I know it’s talking to the truck’s computer.

However the dash continues to show the low pressure warning every time the truck starts up.

When I go back to MM3 to re-tune it the values I’ve entered are still there so I’m at a loss.

Any guidance here?

Do you think it could have something with the light load button on my year of truck that the newer trucks don’t have?

The MM3 has parameters for max load and light load that are both correctly entered... thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 TPMS Issues

The stealership mighta hafta do that... which they ain't gonna want to because of fear of liability.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSix.7 View Post
    I’m having difficulties (it ain’t working) changing the TPMS settings on my 2012 with MM3.

Good batteries, key set to on, set the new values, dash lights turn on and a few dings on the dashboard so I know it’s talking to the truck’s computer.

However the dash continues to show the low pressure warning every time the truck starts up.

When I go back to MM3 to re-tune it the values I’ve entered are still there so I’m at a loss.

Any guidance here?

Do you think it could have something with the light load button on my year of truck that the newer trucks don’t have?

The MM3 has parameters for max load and light load that are both correctly entered... thanks guys!

Just a shot in the dark here but the tire sensors could be going bad?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a 13 with the light tire load button and was able to set my thresholds without a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Any guidance here?

What number value are you entering?

My 13 I initially had an issue but it requires the decimal places be filled in too I think.

So instead of 35 you need to enter 35.00 for it to take.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, RamIt liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Any guidance here?

I’m having the exact same issue. I went into the TPMS setting with the key in the “ON” position. Typed in 28 for both of the PSI values, the MM3 clearly communicated with with the truck, it turned the truck off, shows complete on the MM3 screen. I turned the truck on and the warning light is still showing on the dash and the screen defaults to the warning values telling me to inflate rear tires to 28 psi.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Did you try entering 28.00?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carlin Jacobs View Post
    I’m having the exact same issue. I went into the TPMS setting with the key in the “ON” position. Typed in 28 for both of the PSI values, the MM3 clearly communicated with with the truck, it turned the truck off, shows complete on the MM3 screen. I turned the truck on and the warning light is still showing on the dash and the screen defaults to the warning values telling me to inflate rear tires to 28 psi.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.
    MM3 requires the decimals to be used.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post