Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  160
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

I also mounted these simple stainless steel panels from a website called agricover.com, the left one mainly protects my compressor from getting hit with stuff in the bed, and the right side is just a nice pocket for throwing stuff.

As you can see, I use the bed of my truck for its intended purpose hauling stuff, so it's pretty beat up.

I also got my 3rd battery mounted in the front of the bed, and it wired into the factory batteries under the hood with an electronic battery isolator kit I bought on Amazon that charges the battery when the truck is running and disconnects this battery from the truck when the vehicle is off.

So you can drain this battery all you want with charging devices and running lights without the worry of draining your starter battery on the truck.

I'll have a USB cable running up into the tent to use at night of this battery and maybe running a fridge/freezer combo in the future.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Collin42 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 57buick View Post
    I also mounted these simple stainless steel panels from a website called agricover.com, the left one mainly protects my compressor from getting hit with stuff in the bed, and the right side is just a nice pocket for throwing stuff.

As you can see, I use the bed of my truck for its intended purpose hauling stuff, so it's pretty beat up.

I also got my 3rd battery mounted in the front of the bed, and it wired into the factory batteries under the hood with an electronic battery isolator kit I bought on Amazon that charges the battery when the truck is running and disconnects this battery from the truck when the vehicle is off.

So you can drain this battery all you want with charging devices and running lights without the worry of draining your starter battery on the truck.

I'll have a USB cable running up into the tent to use at night of this battery and maybe running a fridge/freezer combo in the future.
    That’s one heck of a setup and excellent work!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks 57buick, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Collin42, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

I got the KC M-rack installed this weekend and the KC Hilites Gravity 6 pro LED light bar.

I love the classic round look, and these LEDs are more powerful than a standard light bar.

Next weekend I will work on wiring it to my switch panel in the cab.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

I did some driving today and am very happy I didn't notice any noises and hardly any effect on the MPG, maybe 1mpg at most if that.

Super stoked about that. I was worried about wind noise from all this stuff.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789