Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  160
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

Well im excited and pissed at the same time. Got my bumper pieces from the powder coaters and I love the metallic black, matches truck well.

So I started mounting center section and winch then went to mount the bumper corners and realised they had sent me 2 passenger side corners!!! Damn it!

And I paid $350 to get powder coating done. Took pics and sent to AEV and I'm waiting to see what they say and do.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 57buick View Post
    Well im excited and pissed at the same time. Got my bumper pieces from the powder coaters and I love the metallic black, matches truck well.

So I started mounting center section and winch then went to mount the bumper corners and realised they had sent me 2 passenger side corners!!! Damn it!

And I paid $350 to get powder coating done. Took pics and sent to AEV and I'm waiting to see what they say and do.
    That metallic black looks great!

Sucks they sent two of the same ends.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks 57buick thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

I got the passenger side flare done mostly, still have to cut and fit the wheel liner and a couple other details.

Man these flares are a pain in the *** to install. takes a whole day to do just one.

Lots of cutting on the cab corner etc...

Looking pretty good though, and certainly plenty of room for those 40's to articulate.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

So I've been busy with work and working on things a little at a time after work. I finally got the correct bumper corner from AEV sent and had it powder coated. I also bought a Factor 55 hawse fairlead and had it powder coated the same color and replaced the steel cable on my 17k winch with a 1/2" synthetic rope and factor 55 hook.

Bumper looks good. I love it way better than all the angular aftermarket bumpers that are out there that look like an add on. This AEV bumper looks like maybe Dodge would have made it.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, cosmicIPA liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

I've also been finishing up details on the flares and getting the inner wheel well liners installed. The flares have been the hardest thing, harder than the suspension and bumper. Its amazing how small the 40" tires look with these flares LOL But I'm happy now how's it coming together. I'm still waiting on my KING shocks, been 3 months now, frustrating

But so far Im extremely happy how it drives and soaks up the bumps. Railroad tracks that I used to have to slow down for because it was so jarring I can run over full speed now and you hardly feel them. Imagine how much better even it will be with the KINGS

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

I have also been working on some wiring and such. I finished wiring the air compressor in the bed and running the airline to the front locker. Eventually Ill get around to installing the air tank underneath bed and running lines for air chucks and train horns.

Right now im working on installing the SwitchPros 9100 switch panel system. I had this on my previous vehicle and I love it! The buttons can all be programmed to turn on with ignition, or triggered by anything you want it comes with an extra trigger wire in the harness. It has a lot of other cool features too.

SO I had to find a good spot to mount the power module. I just bent the bracket that came with it 90 degrees, drilled a hole and bolted it the cowl under the hood.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

The button panel I found fit perfect in this area at the bottom left of the speedo on the dash. It was pretty easy to figure out a way to mount it. Pulled the surround off around the speedo and layed the template on it and drilled the holes.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

It came out good. Looks right at home there. SO far I just have the air compressor and front locker labeled. I have plans in the future for various lights and things on the truck that will use the other buttons.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Wow! What a setup and thanks for the writeup. How heavy is that bumper? That thing looks great!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

18. Thanks 57buick thanked for this post
    Likes 57buick liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

The bumper is heavy as hell is all I know LOL But I don't know how it compares to others on the market

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Wow! What a setup and thanks for the writeup. How heavy is that bumper? That thing looks great!

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Bbowman liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast