Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  160
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

Just a little information for you guys for reprogramming your tires for the speedo. Just because a tire says its a particular height doesnt mean it is. LOL
    For example when I installed my 37" measuring the actual height on the truck with weight on them at a particular tire pressure they actually measured 35.5" which makes a huge difference of up to 5mph on the speedo

So these 40" actually measure 38.5" so I had to use that figure in my calculations for the rolling dynamic tire circumference which came out to 3070.6mm

Tire pressure and the weight actualy sitting on the tires makes a big difference if you want your speedo to be dead accurate

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 57buick View Post
    MY OCD always gets the best of me, Had to see them on the truck. Luckily I only had to do some minor cutting of the body seam to fit the front. My old wheels are already sold for $800 so that paid for half of it.

Now I gotta get my alphaOBD software out and reprogram for the tires and ABS system will read correctly
    Looks great!!

Now you will need a step ladder to get in and out! LOL.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Looks great!!

Now you will need a step ladder to get in and out! LOL
    I already have the AMP power steps.

I never did take pics of that install LOL.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more! [/QUOTE]

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Did a little more work on the wiring for the compressor.

I bought this 15 ft extension harness from toytec lifts.

I found a rubber grommet in my toolbox that had a 1/2" hole perfect size for this harness.

I had to depin the connector and put wires thru the rubber grommet then reassemble the connector then mounted it in the hole.

You never want to run wires thru sheet metal without some kind of rubber grommet to protect it.

The other smaller grommet with the small harness in it has some extra space in it as you can see.

That will probably be perfect to run a 6mm air line from the manifold to the front air locker.

Later I will still need to run a separate air line down to the air tank under the bed once that is mounted.

Attached Images Attached Images

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, PullinAir liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Got my suspension today and I am plugging away slowly.

Holy Crap its been a lot of freaking work getting the parts from the fabtech lift off then putting the AEV kit on LOL.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

I sent the AEV bumper off to the powder coaters to get recoated in the Black Pearl to match the truck.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

While doing the intake I did the grid heater delete. From what I've read its just not needed in most of the country and it is a severe restriction to air flow especailly to the back cylinders. Amazing how much black soot and chunky material comes out of that EGR!!

Also decided to eliminate the CCV filter on top of engine so I got a beautiful billet valve cover from G&R Diesel. Looks sweet

You aint got a CEL for the grid heater and CCV?

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

My truck is deleted so it has a delete tune. So no I would not get a CEL from unplugging any of this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post

You aint got a CEL for the grid heater and CCV?

15. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

My truck is deleted so it has a delete tune. So no I would not get a CEL from unplugging any of this stuff

I kinda figured it was but I didnt realize delete tunes would cover those things?

You get it from DRD?

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post

I kinda figured it was but I didn't realize delete tunes would cover those things?

You get it from DRD?
    No I have an older PPEI tune on EFi Live.

Any delete tune is gonna turn off all emissions stuff though.

19. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast