Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  160
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

My 40 inch Milestar patagonia tires showed up and my Method bronze wheels. Can't wait for my suspension and flares so I can get these installed. Nothing has been shipping the past month because of the stupid Covid 19 virus thing. Some companys have been shut down. But they are on order

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I like my Flo Pro Exhaust but at 2000rpm only there was a bad drone. So I got this flo pro resonator that has like that auger style thing inside that swirls the exhaust in a spiral and supposedly eliminates the drone. Ive read about them so wanted to try it. Got a couple more 4" band clamps off amazon and bought this resonator on amazon.

I figured out I had plenty of room right after the downpipe connects to the flopro exhaust , so cut out the space i needed with my bandsaw and clamped it right back in, only took 20 minutes.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

4. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Here it is mounted. It made a huge difference and fixed my drone issue. And such a quick easy install.

6. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I got my Banks I-dash gauges and needed a good clean way to mount them. I found this guy on the facebook forums that makes custom pods he was called "Block8head Custom Vent Pods". Anyway I was amazed at the build quality, not cheap fiberglass mold but a whole super thick some kind of epoxy mold that is nice and heavy and will last a lifetime.

The best part is it replaces the tiny tray on top of dash above radio screen and fits in flush. Like it is supposed to be there. Got the gauges installed and wire harness ran under the hood so I can start hooking up sensors and such and it also plugs into OBD port so it gets all the data from the truck too. But since the delete tune got rid of alot of the sensors I need to add one for the EGT probe so I can keep track of them. I welded a 1/8 thread fitting into the downpipe and installed sensor. I didnt have an actual weld bung so I just went tohardware store and bought a piece of gas pipe coupler, cut off the end with the threads and welded that to the exhaust. And boom I have an EGT port.

8. Likes watersupply189, Power247, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I have always been annoyed at the fact I couldnt use navigation while the truck was in drive and moving. And some other features are disabled on stock screen when moving. SO I ordered from a company called customtronix their hack harness and box. They also have other great products like adding a front camera which comes in very useful parking in tight spaces etc.

SO I installed their replacement front grill emblem with camera mounted in it which plugs directly into their little box and harness. The harness also included plugs to add 2 other video inputs later if you want like a DVD player etc.

It has dip switches on it to enable certain features also. Like I have it set now so anytime the truck slows down to below 7mph the front camera automatically shows on the screen. It also includes the small little number pad so I can hit number 1 at any time to turn off the camera and see my radio screen or hit number 4 and see my rear view camera at any time. numbers 2 and 3 are for your extra video inputs if you use those. I love their system I used on previous vehicles and its been awesome.

You can google Customtronix install and find youtube videos and instructions on how it works.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I needed to route my crank case ventilation somewhere so I decided to use the exhaust scavenging system. SO I bought this stainless scavenging kit on Amazon. The G&R Diesel valve cover I installed has a port for routing your CCV so I ran a 10AN line from that down the firewall and welded in this scavenger fitting into the downpipe. This fitting actually creates a vacuum on the line to suck out fumes so no worry of exhaust going into the engine. This is a proven technique by racers for years. clean and simple and dont have to worry about mounting a catch can somewhere. I do have a one way valve made just for exhaust scavengers like this on order that I will put inline for extra measure so exhaust cant go back up the line.

12. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, SyN liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

More to come soon, I have an ARB compressor install to do this week so I can start testing out the air locker and will run lines for tools and such.

And I started cutting my fenders a bit in preparation for the flares to hopefully come soon. And sold my factory front bumper already because I have the AEV winch bumper on order. So at the moment I am driving around town with no bumper and cut up fenders LOL

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Oh a cool thing happened. I posted the pics of my Banks i-dash gauges on a forum on facebook and few minutes later I got a message and a phone call from a Banks representative asking if they could use my pics and install info on their instagram. I said yea cool

Next day they messaged me again and said they want to do an interview with me soon. Not sure what kind of interview exactly but I must be doing something they like.

I can't wait to get all my suspension and other goodies soon so it will really start looking like an awesome truck. Then I will start with the full custom interior rework, wait till you see that, I have ideas LOL

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, PullinAir liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

It's about time someone made a gauge pod for the center dash spot. It looks really good. Nice choice!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

18. Thanks 57buick thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Love the build so far my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20