Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  160
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 Black Beauty Build Thread

I have decided on several parts to order and install in truck including AEV Fender flares, 3" dual sport suspension, and KING shocks. So those are on order. It will allow me to fit 40" tires and only have a 3 inch lift!! Can't wait.

So in light of that decided it was time to upgrade the gearing. I decided to go with 4.88 gears and had them install an ARB air locker in front while their in there. Truck already has a rear E- locker from the factory.

Once my 500 mile break in period was up for the gears I replaced the fluids and installed a BANKS rear diff cover while I was at it. I love this cover. Has a drain plug, a really large fill opening up top so you can just dump an open bottle of fluid in and an actual sight glass in middle so not only can you see when your at the right fill level but you can easily just look and see if your gear oil starts turning dark or whatever and know its time to change it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I got a delete tuner from PPEI a few months back before they quit selling them and proceeded to delete. I got the FLOPRO 4" exhaust from Amazon with muffler. And bought a basic EGR delete kit and a Banks Monster Ram intake horn.

It flows 5 times more air than stock and it looks good.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

While doing the intake I did the grid heater delete. From what I've read its just not needed in most of the country and it is a severe restriction to air flow especailly to the back cylinders. Amazing how much black soot and chunky material comes out of that EGR!!

Also decided to eliminate the CCV filter on top of engine so I got a beautiful billet valve cover from G&R Diesel. Looks sweet

6. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I replaced the stock air intake tube with this smooth one from airraid lets the air have a better transition for more efficiency. If you removed that stock silencer out of the stock tube it has actually been dyno proven to reduce power. Just 1 or 2 horespower but point is it has a negative effect. Replacing the whole assembly with the airraid tube does actually improve flow a little.

And anybody wondering. Aftermarket cold air intake and filters out there are pretty pointless on 2013 and up trucks. If your truck has "Ram Air" embossed on top of intake boss that means it is already pulling cold air from front grill thus it is a sealed cold air intake already. So save yourself $300 to $400.

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Did the subwoofer upgrade, replaced the stock 8" sub with this pioneer, took about 30 minutes. Had seen on several other forums people doing this so I tried it and it does sound a little better once it breaks in a little. Not huge but a little

10. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

And replaced my lug nuts with some steel spiked ones I found on Amazon, I love the look of spiked lug nuts LOL I don't like the look of most aftermarket wheel center caps so I just left them off. Looks meaner I think. I hate the bulky plastic caps most wheels come with now days.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I installed the BD Diesel protech 68 gasket plate kit in my 68RFE tranny valve body and put on the BD diesel deep pan. I also added a cheap little inline pressure fooler in the wiring for now until I can get tranny tuning done.

14. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Wow! You done some great mods! You don’t have to worry about bashing on this forum... we don’t put up with that here friend!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Likes SyN, Krazy8twofour liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

My factory coolant tank cracked at the seam so I figured it was a good time to do some more upgrades.

So first I ordered the Fleece aluminum coolant tank which you need if you ever do a turbo upgrade in the future. I also wanted to eliminate the ugly octopus coolant standpipe and lines that were originally used for the EGR cooler.

Plus that joint that EGR delete kits make always leak. So I chopped off the top of the standpipe and and the nipple going to the coolant tank and welded on some 10AN fittings and ran new line to coolant tank and a new line to the heater core.

I also cut down some of the original egr delete bracket and used it to secure the tranny dipstick and the heater hose too.

Also put fiberglass heat sleeves on both coolant lines.

It really cleans up the passenger side quite a bit.

18. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

And here are some pics of the new lines and AN fittings run. I'm very happy how it came out. Although it is hard to take pictures of all the details of it.

But you can see line coming out of bottom of new coolant reservoir tank and stuff.

20. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast