Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FCA Letter: Diesel Engine Calibration - Your Vehicle Must Be Repaired

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FCA Letter: Diesel Engine Calibration - Your Vehicle Must Be Repaired

Anyone else got this and has taken their trucks in?

What exactly do the "MUST" modify?

If it's something critical that will result in engine failure if left unfinished, then I will bring it in.

I might sound paranoid but to me "The engine control software in your vehicle must be modified with a new calibration to improve emission control performance" this sounds like they're wanting tighten up truck's emission to comply with some newer BS regulations?

It will surely come at the cost of fuel and or DEF consumption.

I like the way my truck is right now, it is a much better vehicle than my 5.7L Tundra, and the fuel economy is better as well.

It will only get better once I delete all the crap.

The last thing I need/want right now if for them to **** up a perfectly functioning truck.

Any ideas what this is really about?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Not sure where you live, but in most states, if you don't get the recalls taken care of in a somewhat timely manner, they can drop any warrantees for this vehicles. If this is mandated by the government, such as the EPA, you might be dealing with the government. Never heard of this notice before.

I'd check this site to see what its all about: https://www.Mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes Thomas1960, AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is this just a FCA Canada thing I wonder?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Likes Thomas1960, AK Bob, Outbreak liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Me personally I wouldn't do it because there is a good chance your mpg will decrease depending on what they "update"...

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes Thomas1960, AK Bob, BlackBart liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’d call the dealership and ask what the update entails (just a flash?) and what exactly it will change.

If the trucks running well depending on your warranty then I would skip it until there was an issue

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes Rapidfire_70, Thomas1960, AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Here is the full text on this particular recall. It is FCA wide and not a Canada specific recall.

https://www.chrysler.com/universal/w...ce/pdf/VB6.pdf

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

11. Thanks Shurup thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Here is the full text on this particular recall. It is FCA wide and not a Canada specific recall.

https://www.chrysler.com/universal/w...ce/pdf/VB6.pdf
    So it does sound like they're tightening up the emissions if there's a special provision for Cali residents.
    My letter doesn't say anything about warranty cancellation, so screw them, I'm not doing it.

13. Likes Electrojake liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Interesting thing is, I posted this on an other RAM forum and one reply said the fuel economy has improved.

As well that poster has mentioned the transmission shift points also improved after he's done a transmission recall.

Not sure if I can believe his claims, he's made a total of 5 posts in 5 years he was registered on that forum and 68RFE recall was to fix the oil leak out of dipstick or something, did that include reprogramming the transmission?

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shurup View Post
    So it does sound like they're tightening up the emissions if there's a special provision for Cali residents.
    My letter doesn't say anything about warranty cancellation, so screw them, I'm not doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurup View Post
    Interesting thing is, I posted this on an other RAM forum and one reply said the fuel economy has improved.

As well that poster has mentioned the transmission shift points also improved after he's done a transmission recall.

Not sure if I can believe his claims, he's made a total of 5 posts in 5 years he was registered on that forum and 68RFE recall was to fix the oil leak out of dipstick or something, did that include reprogramming the transmission?
    My truck was apparently already done, not sure when, but I never noticed a difference.
    The transmission recall does involve reprogramming the transmission. Didn't notice any difference in fuel economy or shift quality...but I am on 37s so I don't really expect much out of factory programming conditions.

My advice, as a CDJR rep, have the recalls done. They don't cost you anything, and your dealer is going to likely do them anyways, even if you don't ask..especially the emissions one as that has federal impacts.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

They got busted have tunes that did not either meet emissions standards or that were causing exhaust system failures.

This is there way of seeking in a fix.

No matter what you do, the second that truck hits a dealer they will reflash it all on you.

That is how they operate.

Now, if you live in CA you have to do it.

If you don't, you can tell them to eff off.

They have been trying to get my truck in for an airbag recall they did 4 years ago because they 'used the wrong parts'.

No effen way, last time the tune they snuck in sooted the turbo up and took 3 months to recognize the rear nox sensor.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast