Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo Issue

Good evening all,

Looking for some advice on my truck.

I have a 2014 2500 6.7L with a fresh delete on it.

I have an MM3 programmer with WARP tunes, EGR delete, Throttle Valve Delete, CCV delete, S&B Cold Air Intake and 5" turbo-back exhaust.

I have run the truck now for two weeks with no issues except for now.

When I put the truck in reverse I get a loping rough idle and sometimes at stoplights it has the same rough idle.

Not sure what is going on with this. I am thinking it might be because I left the CCV filter under the crankcase?

Maybe that needs to be gone since I put the little vertical filter on the outside of the crankcase?

The other thing I have noticed is when I turn the key to the on the position I get a marble-like sound out my truck.

I turn it on and everything sounds fine but when I turn off the truck and get under it to hear where the sound is coming from it seems like the marbles sound is coming from my turbo or the downpipe.

If anyone has any insight please let me know.

I do have a video with the sounds of anyone who wants me to try and post it on YouTube.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mabr0503 View Post
    Good evening all,

Looking for some advice on my truck.

I have a 2014 2500 6.7L with a fresh delete on it.

I have an MM3 programmer with WARP tunes, EGR delete, Throttle Valve Delete, CCV delete, S&B Cold Air Intake and 5" turbo-back exhaust.

I have run the truck now for two weeks with no issues except for now.

When I put the truck in reverse I get a loping rough idle and sometimes at stoplights it has the same rough idle.

Not sure what is going on with this. I am thinking it might be because I left the CCV filter under the crankcase?

Maybe that needs to be gone since I put the little vertical filter on the outside of the crankcase?

The other thing I have noticed is when I turn the key to the on the position I get a marble-like sound out my truck.

I turn it on and everything sounds fine but when I turn off the truck and get under it to hear where the sound is coming from it seems like the marbles sound is coming from my turbo or the downpipe.

If anyone has any insight please let me know.

I do have a video with the sounds of anyone who wants me to try and post it on YouTube.

How many miles are on your truck?

Have you checked to see if you have any shaft play on the turbo?

More then likely what you are hearing is the compressor wheel hitting the housing on the inside possibly.

If you are able to see if you can remove the intake to where you can watch the wheel spin as you shut the truck down and this will more then likely be the issue.

Slight side to side play is normal but any forward and backwards movement usually means the bearings are bad.

Another sound you could be hearing or another potential cause of the noise proving the turbo needing to be rebuilt or replaced.

Feel free to message me in case I miss the reply.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    How many miles are on your truck?

Have you checked to see if you have any shaft play on the turbo?

More then likely what you are hearing is the compressor wheel hitting the housing on the inside possibly.

If you are able to see if you can remove the intake to where you can watch the wheel spin as you shut the truck down and this will more then likely be the issue.

Slight side to side play is normal but any forward and backwards movement usually means the bearings are bad.

Another sound you could be hearing or another potential cause of the noise proving the turbo needing to be rebuilt or replaced.

Feel free to message me in case I miss the reply.

I have 23,000 miles on the truck. That’s a rough estimate but I know it isn’t more than 25,000. So basically you are saying take off the intake sleeve and watched it stop spinning? Basically to see if it is rubbing on anything?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You said you just did a “fresh” delete ... EGR included.

You didn’t drop anything in the exhaust manifold that ended up in the turbo?

Just a guess.

With the low mileage your truck has and the fact that you did not have the noise prior to the delete makes me wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Dam 10mm socket again. LOL

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

10. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Dam 10mm socket again. LOL
    If it is a 10mm at least he knows where it is! haha

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

LOL

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    If it is a 10mm at least he knows where it is! haha
    At least whats left of it

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

15. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, cogdellja liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mabr0503 View Post
    I have 23,000 miles on the truck. That’s a rough estimate but I know it isn’t more than 25,000. So basically you are saying take off the intake sleeve and watched it stop spinning? Basically to see if it is rubbing on anything?
    Wow that is low mileage... yes sir exactly right.

Remove the sleeve and check for shaft play side to side and then front to back.

Have the wife or someone shut it off while you watch and listen to see if you can hear/see anything better with the sleeve removed.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

17. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not gonna lie, that video sounds completely normal to me.

Start up and shut down don't sound out of the ordinary at all.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

19. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, BlackBart liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast