Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 Inch FTE Resonator Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

30 Inch FTE Resonator Help

Hey guys,

Still pretty new here, but I recently started the delete process. I have my MM3 from DRD and I bought an egr delete kit and a DPF delete kit. I also bought a 30" FTE, cause the wife needs the truck to be quiet and I need the wife to be quiet.

Question is where to install the FTE. If I put it where the delete pipe connects to the downpipe then I would have to modify the hanger that is welded to the delete pipe. If I put it on the next pipe in the delete kit, it will interfere with the angled pipe and cause it to not align properly, also I would not be able to use the exhaust hanger (u-bolt style) that goes on that pipe.

I should have checked more before I purchased everything, I just saw so many people talking about them I figured it must be pretty straight forward. What is everyone else doing with these?

The truck is 2015 2500 non-Mega short bed. Delete kit is Flo Pro 868NB.

Thanks for the help, hope this is in the right forum.

2. Thanks Murph thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 30 Inch FTE Resonator Help

I have a QQLB but I put mine right after downpipe.

It was almost the length of my first Flo Pro delete pipe ( a little shorter) I used a clamp and spliced it in.

The further forward the better with those.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jayray87 View Post
    Hey guys,

Still pretty new here, but I recently started the delete process. I have my MM3 from DRD and I bought an egr delete kit and a DPF delete kit. I also bought a 30" FTE, cause the wife needs the truck to be quiet and I need the wife to be quiet.

Question is where to install the FTE. If I put it where the delete pipe connects to the downpipe then I would have to modify the hanger that is welded to the delete pipe. If I put it on the next pipe in the delete kit, it will interfere with the angled pipe and cause it to not align properly, also I would not be able to use the exhaust hanger (u-bolt style) that goes on that pipe.

I should have checked more before I purchased everything, I just saw so many people talking about them I figured it must be pretty straight forward. What is everyone else doing with these?

I just cut the second section of pipe, the slight bend gets removed but everything still aligns without hitting or rubbing while driving.

I was able to fit the band clamp on the rear of the F.T.E. without interfering with the U-style supplied hanger.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I installed mine inches from the end of the downpipe.

Was super easy, took 20 minutes to cut and refit everything.

I took the pipe that connects to the downpipe and cut it off about 6 inches from the flange, clamped resonator to that and held it back up to mark where to cut the other end of pipe and clamped it onto that end and bolt all back on.

Easy peezy.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

8. Thanks SyN, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, watersupply189, AK Bob, N6462V, Murph liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

How do you like it? Any droning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Longbed, 68RFE, DRD Lite, 30" FTE resonator, 78 gallon ATTA wedge Aux tank with auto fill and pillar mount gauge.

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I’ve got mine in same position above- 0 drone

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 57buick View Post
    I installed mine inches from the end of the downpipe.

Was super easy, took 20 minutes to cut and refit everything.

I took the pipe that connects to the downpipe and cut it off about 6 inches from the flange, clamped resonator to that and held it back up to mark where to cut the other end of pipe and clamped it onto that end and bolt all back on.

Easy peezy.

That is beautiful pic!

Can't wait for that day!

Congrats!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Well got it in.

The pipe has been made up.

Did the cut with a chain cutter.

Next month I woll order the MM3 from DRD.

I got all my shibby kit in and an exhaust gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Longbed, 68RFE, DRD Lite, 30" FTE resonator, 78 gallon ATTA wedge Aux tank with auto fill and pillar mount gauge.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jayray87 View Post
    Hey guys,

Wife quiet made me laugh!

Jones Pro resonator right after downpipe.

2k RPM and very nice sound with happy wife!

4 inch system from Black Cloud Diesel and I had no problems with install!

19. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast