Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: 2012 68RFE Thermal Bypass

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 68RFE Thermal Bypass

Good morning everyone.

I have been noticed a increase lately in my trans temps.

After some research, I think that it may be the thermal bypass valve.

The trick is, I can't find anywhere werenitnsays what kind of bypass style I have between the one in the cooler itself or the one that is in the cooler lines.

Even the places that you would get one, the dates all go to 09 and then start back I up again in the 13 year group.

For some reason it seems like there are a lot of parts like that.

I had to look up a ton of videos on the replacement of other components to attempt to get a glimpse of were the other parts may be.

I think that mine is going to be in the lines because I think that I have one of the trans coolers that has the ac condenser attached to it.

I also heard some grumbling about something in the system being attached to the engine block.

What could that be?

Last thing would be what are your thoughts on deleting the stock oil cooler all together and putting in an aftermarket one?

Does anyone have pictures.

I like pictures haha.

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 68RFE Thermal Bypass

Bump

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have a 2012 myself.

When I bought my Revmax transmission I asked the guys there about a thermal bypass and they told me that we have a different design that is not problematic like the newer trucks.

I'm sure that if they could have sold me one they would have so I'd say no worries on that.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSix.7 View Post
    I have a 2012 myself.

When I bought my Revmax transmission I asked the guys there about a thermal bypass and they told me that we have a different design that is not problematic like the newer trucks.

I'm sure that if they could have sold me one they would have so I'd say no worries on that.
    That is good to know.

It makes sense that the 10-12 there is nothing listed for any brand.

Do you happen to know where the bypass is located?

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome! I honestly don’t think we have one.

From what I can see hot Transmission fluid goes out of the transmission straight to the cooler above the AC condenser, and then back into the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That's kinda what I am thinking too.

I've haven't seen anything like what the bypass blocks look like anywhere.

Have to take a closer look when I get home.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post