Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Ham Radio install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ham Radio install

I installed my Yaesu 400 ham radio up on the headliner. Figured it was a nice out of the way spot. Simply put a small hole in headliner to stick the screw thru and screw into the back of the headunit. Nice and clean

For the antenna I decided to get this 3rd brake light from GJ Motorsports that has 3 baja designs lights in it. I went with red lights on the outsides and white in the center. It has a NMO antenna mount built in and 17 ft coax. It comes with a complete harness so that the outside lights work with brake lights and as turn signals. And the center white light works in reverse or I can just turn it on with the dash switch. It is made from a solid piece of billet aluminum and comes with a thick gasket to seal against the cab, fixing the dreaded leaking 3rd brake light into your headliner of the stock one.

Antenna is working awesome, Im getting good signal with guys up to 40 miles away.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

2. Likes AK Bob, PullinAir, BrentM, Rtetrault liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ham Radio install

Very nice clean install. Looks great

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Cool Idea How Much

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Very nice clean install. Looks great

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie, full delete, 4.88 gears, 40" Milestar Patagonia on Method wheels AEV 3" dual sport suspension, Thuren softride coils King Shocks with resi's

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The 3rd brake light is expensive but it varies in price depending on the options you want. From $500 to $1000 I think. It is actually a reasonable price when you factor in what baja designs lights cost

Quote Originally Posted by BRADBULLARD View Post
    Cool Idea How Much

8. Likes AK Bob liked this post