Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  140
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Camper Manufacturers

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Camper Manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsRamFF View Post
    I know that with her wanting the perfect floor plan!

Mine is the same, I keep telling her we hopefully will be spending more time outside then hanging out in the camper!

I can say from experience on other trailers like my snowmobile trailer the Dexter torsion axle is amazing, however there are very few companies that are using them.

The only thing I am finding is that the longer it drags out the more it gets confusing to remember which was which, and starts to feel like all we are ever going to do is look and never buy.

There is a couple that we watch on YouTube that has going to full time rving, and they said in their one video that the perfect camper is the one that gets you on the road camping today!

We are hoping to only by 2 or 3 over our camping lifetime so we are being picky like you guys.

They are great to watch for info and advise though.

I don't know if I'm allowed to put info here for outside sites like that if I can I'll put their channel name on here.

And def yes Grand design has the largest number of pros!
    Grand design has the 390RK and that floor plan I love. I just haven’t talked myself into that price tag yet. We have a Montana 3750FL now and want more space and storage. Whatever you do make sure any of these that weigh over 12k dry gets 14 ply tires at least. A 10 ply will shred and make a big mess out of the side of the camper.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Re: Camper Manufacturers

Big Truck Big Rv has an awesome YouTube channel with tons of fiver reviews.

He covers frames, axles, floor plans, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, walla2k5, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

We are in the same boat which has lead us to upgrading trucks. Our current camper is only 20'2" total length. It's a mini toy hauler and at the time of the purchase it fit our needs. Hauled our quad and gave us a place to sleep.. Now that our 5 year old is being, well, a 5 year old, and our special needs 3 year old is being, well, a 3 year old, we are running out of room quickly! Add in a 1 year old German Shepherd and we are busting as the seams LOL.

My parents have their retirement rig, a grand design, and man is it nice! They have had issues with it at first, but that was also due to their RV dealer who has a pretty bad reputation of after sales interactions. My wife and I are not at that point in our life to get something like that, and we still want to play with the toys. We are looking at a 1/2 ton towable 5th wheel toy hauler made by Forest River. If it was up to her, we would be looking at the 43' long, tri-axled, 15' garage palace on wheels. Thankfully one of us is more on earth than the other LOL.

Grand Design makes amazing quality rigs and i think once you get into higher end Forest River products you start seeing the quality pop out as well. You guys are doing your weight research (proud of you!) and taking your time. Like others have stated, RV salesmen are notorious for selling you something your rig shouldn't be towing EVER, just to earn a buck. Had one tell me my F150 with a payload rating of 1200lbs could tow the 5th wheel we want.. it's pin weight is 1600 dry.. I walked to my truck and left instantly, much to the confusion of my wife LOL

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

I’m looking a 5th wheels also.

I like the Cougar 368MBI, but thought it maybe to much wt.

Now looking at the Forest River Flagstaff Superlite 529 MBS.

My 14 2500 Longhorn has the factory air bags.

I currently have. 31’ Holiday Rambler TT older model but want to go with a 5th wheel nicer model.

8. Likes watersupply189, SyN, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Tomoad: Keep us up to date with what you decide to bring home.

Pics would be awesome!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Anyone using the Andersen hitch.

Pro’s vs con’s.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Just curious if a regular 5 th hitch would help limit the twisting or leaning of trailer on let’s say an uneven road while turning. Or in one’s driveway. where trailer may come close to bedrails.(Example. My driveway is up hill then have to take an immediate right. Knowing truck will be up the hill & trailer downhill & at an angle and leaning while turning.).

14. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    Just curious if a regular 5 th hitch would help limit the twisting or leaning of trailer on let’s say an uneven road while turning. Or in one’s driveway. where trailer may come close to bedrails.(Example. My driveway is up hill then have to take an immediate right. Knowing truck will be up the hill & trailer downhill & at an angle and leaning while turning.).
    I have a 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback which I pull with a Curt 5th wheel hitch. The 5th wheel hitch offers a decent amount of movement so you want at least 6 inches of clearance between your bed rail and the underside of the fifth wheel. Country roads and approaches will bring your bedrails and tailgate uncomfortably close at times.

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab, MM3 with DRD Tune, Pusher Intake and coolant bypass, Method Race rims, Luverne Grip Steps, Kussmaul Auto Eject, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Uniden Bearcat 980SS

16. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

I live in the mountains of WNC. Our roads are a joke. But it is what it is. I figure there was gonna be some close calls. But was thinking a reg 5th wheel hitch would limit a trailer leaning/ twisting more than a Andersen hitch. It may not. Idk. Thanks for replying bubble.

I also got to looking a grand design 311bhs. I think that’s the model. It looked nice. I like that the floor doesn’t have a vent in it. They seem to be made very good.

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    I live in the mountains of WNC. Our roads are a joke. But it is what it is. I figure there was gonna be some close calls. But was thinking a reg 5th wheel hitch would limit a trailer leaning/ twisting more than a Andersen hitch. It may not. Idk. Thanks for replying bubble.

I also got to looking a grand design 311bhs. I think that’s the model. It looked nice. I like that the floor doesn’t have a vent in it. They seem to be made very good.
    Agree! I live in WNC also and the roads are definitely a joke. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast