Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Your thoughts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Your thoughts

My son has an 05 with an automatic tranny and he recently installed bbi stage 1.5 injectors which runs awesome. He tired a cheap super tunes tuner, which I told him is junk. The question I have is what would cause it to buck/surge on hard acceleration. It feels like it will runaway. Everything is stick with the exception of those injectors, CAI straight pipe.

2018 Big Horn 2500, 3.42 slug, engine compartment is stock. 35x12.50 on fuel 20x10 -19mm BS

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by One8upcb View Post
    My son has an 05 with an automatic tranny and he recently installed bbi stage 1.5 injectors which runs awesome. He tired a cheap super tunes tuner, which I told him is junk. The question I have is what would cause it to buck/surge on hard acceleration. It feels like it will runaway. Everything is stick with the exception of those injectors, CAI straight pipe.
    Could be a few things such as the tuner, FCA, or even something else. I would start with the tuner or FCA and go from there.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Could be a few things such as the tuner, FCA, or even something else. I would start with the tuner or FCA and go from there.
    I agree- do you have a rail pressure gauge to keep an eye on?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com