Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Door Lock Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

Door Lock Problems

I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie, and about 5k miles ago I noticed my driver door lock seems to stick.

It happens both when unlocking/locking.

I have to hit the button multiple times to get the lock knob to either lift or drop fully.

It mostly happens on the driver side, but there have been times when Im locking the truck and none of the lock knobs are dropping but the horn is hitting as if it is.

I basically have to keep an eye on the doors and confirm the knobs drop before walking away.

Other times I walk up to the truck and put my hand over the door handle and keyless entry fails to recognize and unlock the door.

It's become a 50/50 work fail issue all the way around with both locking and unlocking.

There have been times where I have to manually unlock the door with the key.

The weird part is the issue went away about 3 days after I fist discovered it 5k miles ago(4months ago), and now the issue is back.

I haven't been driving as much since the pandemic and when I first noticed it I was away on business for about a week.

Not sure if this is something common when these trucks sit but I highly doubt so.

I want to pin point this as a mechanical issue and just say its the driver door lock, but other times none of the other doors lock/unlock.

I've changed key fobs and still the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Any aftermarket parts to resolve this for good?

Thanks,

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Door Lock Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Palladium View Post
    I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie, and about 5k miles ago I noticed my driver door lock seems to stick.

It happens both when unlocking/locking.

I have to hit the button multiple times to get the lock knob to either lift or drop fully.

It mostly happens on the driver side, but there have been times when Im locking the truck and none of the lock knobs are dropping but the horn is hitting as if it is.

I basically have to keep an eye on the doors and confirm the knobs drop before walking away.

Other times I walk up to the truck and put my hand over the door handle and keyless entry fails to recognize and unlock the door.

It's become a 50/50 work fail issue all the way around with both locking and unlocking.

There have been times where I have to manually unlock the door with the key.

The weird part is the issue went away about 3 days after I fist discovered it 5k miles ago(4months ago), and now the issue is back.

I haven't been driving as much since the pandemic and when I first noticed it I was away on business for about a week.

Not sure if this is something common when these trucks sit but I highly doubt so.

I want to pin point this as a mechanical issue and just say its the driver door lock, but other times none of the other doors lock/unlock.

I've changed key fobs and still the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Any aftermarket parts to resolve this for good?

Thanks,
    Is it still under warranty?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

No it is not just crossed over 45k miles.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Palladium View Post
    No it is not just crossed over 45k miles.
    Hopefully someone will chime in that’s had this issue before.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes