Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need Some Help

2018 RAM 2500 with 9000 miles with problems shifting after going from 33 to 37 in tire size now tranny doesn’t know when to shift I have a MM3 with some tunes in it so if anyone can lead me in the right direction.

I’d appreciate it and I hope I posted this in the right place.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need Some Help

Who tuned it friend?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

and to the forum @Sdskaggs74

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Fast Tommy’s also known as Diesel Race kits on eBay.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Did you ask them what the issue is?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Did you have the MM3 and tuning prior to the new bigger tires.

You may need to see how much changes in the current tune you have is needed due to the bigger tires.

Did you adjust your tire/abs/speedometer to the new tires?

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

When you say it doesn't know when to shift, what is it actually doing?

I did my MM3 when i was on 33s and then went to 37s later. I wouldn't say I had a problems shifting but it definitely shifted different because of the size of the tires. My truck didnt shift into 6th gear until i hit about 67mph. But like i said, i wouldnt call that a problem, it was still shifting around the same rpm points but at drastically different speeds cause of the tires. After I regeared to 4.10s everything went back to "normal" and shifted just like stock again.

Not sure if this helps your situation but for me, I couldn't take riding on 37s with stock gears for very long cause i hated the way it shifted.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I had the tuner installed before I put the bigger tires on and when I asked them how to fix it they said keep messing with the tire size and when I do change the size it gives me a service engine light it seems the truck doesn’t shift into 1st when coming to a stop and taking off especially if I’m on a incline it feels like it’s pulling out in 2nd or 3rd and I’m afraid it’s going to tear the truck up and thank you very much to you and everyone here for replying

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast