Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket Radio

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Aftermarket Radio

Quote Originally Posted by JWK163 View Post
    Also did you get it from somewhere in the states or did you have to order it from overseas?
    @JWK163 The unit only comes with one USB cable. I'm in the process of ordering more - just need to find a place to mount them. It was a plug and play install, it comes with a canbus decoder, the only thing it doesn't do is report the radio station back to the EVIC so mine continuously says AM 522 for some reason. The antenna connection doesn't quite work, I ended up taking the plastic surround off of the factory connection and friction fitting it into the radio - it picks up stations just as well as the stock one did.

I purchased mine off of ebay from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/sch/erisincarau...1&_ipg=&_from=, but I don't see that radio on their ebay store anymore. You can purchase it from the website I posted earlier. It was shipped from China. If you're android savvy, there is a forum on xda developers with rom support for the processor and MCU that this radio has in it. I haven't modified mine for now, it works just fine and I have other things going on. I mainly put it in because 1 - I'm cheap 2- it has android app support so I can listen to my podcasts and audio books on long drives - my wife and I are planning to start pulling a 34' airstream around the country for at least a year. Have to sell the house first.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

2. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rtetrault View Post
    That looks nice, and the price on the website looks great too. Are there add on modules or is it fully plug N play for that price?
    @Rtetrault There is an add-on TV module and TPMS it also has support for a front facing USB camera, video output etc. As for basic functionality like steering wheel control, usb, bluetooth, external mic, wifi, etc it's all plug n play. It does have support for OBDII access over bluetooth, but I can't get it to work with my OBDII reader. I had planned on using it with Torque Pro. Other people have had success with cheaper OBDII readers, I bought mine to use with AlphaOBD.

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

4. Thanks Rtetrault thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    @JWK163 The unit only comes with one USB cable. I'm in the process of ordering more - just need to find a place to mount them. It was a plug and play install, it comes with a canbus decoder, the only thing it doesn't do is report the radio station back to the EVIC so mine continuously says AM 522 for some reason. The antenna connection doesn't quite work, I ended up taking the plastic surround off of the factory connection and friction fitting it into the radio - it picks up stations just as well as the stock one did.

I purchased mine off of ebay from this seller: https://www.ebay.com/sch/erisincarau...1&_ipg=&_from=, but I don't see that radio on their ebay store anymore. You can purchase it from the website I posted earlier. It was shipped from China. If you're android savvy, there is a forum on xda developers with rom support for the processor and MCU that this radio has in it. I haven't modified mine for now, it works just fine and I have other things going on. I mainly put it in because 1 - I'm cheap 2- it has android app support so I can listen to my podcasts and audio books on long drives - my wife and I are planning to start pulling a 34' airstream around the country for at least a year. Have to sell the house first.

That would be neat to run the USB cables to the console or glove box for easy access.

I'm not worried about picking up radio station because I listen my Ipod now anyway when I'm in the truck.

Would just like to be able to play a movie for the kids when we are pulling the toy hauler to motocross races.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12