Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Radio

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aftermarket Radio

Looking at putting a CD/DVD player in my truck.

Can I see some pics of what you guys put in your trucks?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aftermarket Radio

Quote Originally Posted by JWK163 View Post
    Looking at putting a CD/DVD player in my truck.

Can I see some pics of what you guys put in your trucks?
    It's a couple of years old but here's the head unit i installed in my 2011 when the factory radio died. Pioneer AVH-2400NEX multimedia DVD receiver. 7 inch screen with Android auto. It will do satellite radio as well but you have to buy an add on module so I didn't do that. It has 2 camera inputs and additional rca video in jacks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

4. Thanks JWK163, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rtetrault View Post
    It's a couple of years old but here's the head unit i installed in my 2011 when the factory radio died. Pioneer AVH-2400NEX multimedia DVD receiver. 7 inch screen with Android auto. It will do satellite radio as well but you have to buy an add on module so I didn't do that. It has 2 camera inputs and additional rca video in jacks.
    Did you have to change out your bezel when you went to that radio or did it fit in the factory one?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Did you have to change out your bezel when you went to that radio or did it fit in the factory one?
    It's fits in the factory bezel, the mount kit has spacers on the sides because the head unit is actually narrower than the factory unit.

There is a metal framework behind the stereo that you have to cut because the aftermarket head units are longer than the stock unit.

I was a little nervous about that at first but it wasn't that bad.

There's quite a few install videos if you Google search it. Here's one that I just found, at 6:40 in this video he talks about the cutout.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, f18framer liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rtetrault View Post
    It's fits in the factory bezel, the mount kit has spacers on the sides because the head unit is actually narrower than the factory unit.

There is a metal framework behind the stereo that you have to cut because the aftermarket head units are longer than the stock unit.

I was a little nervous about that at first but it wasn't that bad.

There's quite a few install videos if you Google search it. Here's one that I just found, at 6:40 in this video he talks about the cutout.

That makes more sense now. Did you have to get that parking brake bypass module for yours?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@JWK163 I put one of these https://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7976...ler-p0459.html in my truck.

It was plug and play to the harness, fits in the dash bezel perfectly, I didn't have to cut the support in the dash, all the steering wheel controls work and my backup camera works. It also sounds better than the basic stock unit did.

I'll take some pictures of it in the dash later today and post them.

Pictures:

IMG_20200409_113309.jpgIMG_20200409_113318.jpgIMG_20200409_113438.jpg

2010 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn 4x4, Yukon Gear & Axle YP C5-C11.5 Rear Diff Cover, A.R.E. V Series Truck Cap

12. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That makes more sense now. Did you have to get that parking brake bypass module for yours?
    Yes, i wired it in to the wire harness kit. I've uploaded a screen shot of what I ordered, I got everything through Amazon except for the tailgate cam, and 3rd brake light cam. Those were ordered from tailgate camera .com, their customer service was great, even answered on Saturday. The install kit was ok, directions were pretty generic and I soldered everything so didn't really need the butt connectors. Google was my friend especially since the steering wheel interface and parking brake bypass get wired into the wire harness. The install took most of a Saturday, but I installed the cameras at the same time, so the headliner had to come down in the back and lots of time routing wires under the truck.
    When i was looking at my order history I realized that I did this install in January of 2019. Apparently 2019 was along year, or maybe it's just the beginning of 2020
    I've been really happy with the pioneer, especially the Android Auto features, being able to use music streaming services, play music loaded on my phone and Google maps through the head unit is nice. Of course I did upgrade from the base model 2011 stereo so it was a pretty major upgrade.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Likes watersupply189, InlineSix.7, Red6.7 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    @JWK163 I put one of these https://www.erisin.com/erisin-es7976...ler-p0459.html in my truck.

It was plug and play to the harness, fits in the dash bezel perfectly, I didn't have to cut the support in the dash, all the steering wheel controls work and my backup camera works. It also sounds better than the basic stock unit did.

Pictures:

I actually like that one because of the usb ports in the back. Most of my movies and music are on a external hard drive.

It was a plug and play to the factory harness?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Pictures:

Also did you get it from somewhere in the states or did you have to order it from overseas?

18. Likes PullinAir, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Pictures:

That looks nice, and the price on the website looks great too. Are there add on modules or is it fully plug N play for that price?

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast