Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 2012 Remote Start Activation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 Remote Start Activation

So I have been introduced to the alphaOBD app recently and have been reading up a bit on it.

I have heard about people being able to activate the remote start function on there trucks with it.

Has anyone had any experience with this and know the limitations of either the installed hardware or the app itself.

Most of the things I have seen about it are for the 2013 up.

I know that remote start was an option on my 2012, it just dosent have it at the current time.

If it is something that I can just activate on the truck and reflash a new key fob with the proper buttons on it that would be amazing.

I need someone that is much more tech savy with this sort of thing than I am.

I truly appreciate your time!

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

2. Likes watersupply189, PullinAir liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 Remote Start Activation

Also looking into if i will have to replace the WIM.

I have found two part numbers for them that were part of the original kit that is no longer available.

The part numbers are 5026533AH (GXM), and 68105738AE (GXM) (XBM).

As I understand it, the letters in parentheses behind it have to do with the package they are used for.

Does anyone know what they are?

I want to know what the difference between these two modules and if i am gonna really need them or not.

From what i have been able to find out so far, it really looks like the only difference is the antenna for the remote and that is just for longer range rather than compatibility.

Am I on the right track here?

Has anyone done this before?

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

4. Likes watersupply189, PullinAir liked this post