Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Stock Fuel Filter Canister

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stock Fuel Filter Canister

Not too long ago I purchased a 2000 3500, someone installed a Fass fuel pump on it.

They also removed the factory fuel filter canister, and installed an Autometer fuel gauge isolator under the hood, that’s connected to a pressure gauge inside the cab.

The pressure gauge inside the cab reads 5-15psi sometimes. It also has a fuel pressure gauge at the lift pump itself, that reads 12-17psi regularly.

I recently purchased a edge cts2 monitor, and plan on using the electronic pressure sensor from that. Should I tie in the pressure sensor from the Edge into the line coming from the Fass pump to the VP, or do it at the lift pump in place of the current gauge that is on the pump itself?

Either way I want to get rid of the auto meter fuel gauge isolator under the hood.

Also should I locate a factory fuel filter canister and lines to hook back up?

In the picture of the gauge at the pump, it isn’t turned on. The tee at the pump where the gauge is, the black line coming off of that is going to the fuel gauge isolator. Sorry for the long winded post.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock Fuel Filter Canister

I had a 01 vp44 ran my fuel line just after the lift pump. I'm curious as to why you want a stock fuel cannister and lines. If you already have a fass.? I ran a air dog 165gpm along with the water separator. Fuel pressure was 12 -15 with foot in it. 19 -22 at idle or going down highway on cruise but my vp44 was rebuilt by firepunk diesel

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

4. Likes beans20, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Stock Fuel Filter Canister

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    I had a 01 vp44 ran my fuel line just after the lift pump. I'm curious as to why you want a stock fuel cannister and lines. If you already have a fass.? I ran a air dog 165gpm along with the water separator. Fuel pressure was 12 -15 with foot in it. 19 -22 at idle or going down highway on cruise but my vp44 was rebuilt by firepunk diesel
    I like the security of an extra layer of filtration.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post