Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  84
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New here after a bad break up...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New here after a bad break up...

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
    Followed JimmyN over from a place that has suddenly gone to a bad place.

Have a 2015 RAM 2500 6.7 Mega Cab 2WD that only has 521K miles on it.
    Welcome @Ltngdrvr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
    Followed JimmyN over from a place that has suddenly gone to a bad place.

Have a 2015 RAM 2500 6.7 Mega Cab 2WD that only has 521K miles on it.

Looks like bidness be pickin up round here

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome @Ltngdrvr
    Enjoy our forum!

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twalt1687 View Post
    I left The Cumminsforum too. (If that’s the site in question)
    I couldn’t take the guys derailing threads to point out grammar, and things while you’re helping others out.
    Oh and what the heck is up with the new format!!??
    Some thoughts on that...
    Much like Californians migrating to Texas... this place will start taking on the characteristics of CF as their old membership starts showing up here.
    Myself included <cough-cough>

* As for why I showed up here (the bad penny effect?), it is solely because of the format change at CF. It had nothing to do with any of the great crew over there.
    I love em' all... even the one's that hate me.

Note: I've learned plenty from @Ltngdrvr
    I'm glad to see him here.
    -Jake-

2016 Longhorn 3500, 4x4 shortbed CrewCab, Cummins HO/AISIN, 99.8% stock.
    * Hauling a 2018 Northstar Arrow-U. Scale weight 12,400 Lb.

10. Likes Babin Farms liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well, from what I could see from the little readin there I did, all the ads was a big turnoff. Second, seems like a couple folks got an elitist kinda way with em... like “we’re better than you and we know it” and “no new guys welcome”

Ain't much gets under my skin faster.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

With only 5 years under my belt and a mere 1600+ posts I consider myself a bit of a noob over there at CF.
    Certainly not one of the 'Big Dogs', but then again I'm a first time Cummins owner with a stock truck, I dont own a farm or Diesel shop, I'm not a certified mechanic, and I dont (and probably never will) have a signature with a long list of Cummins trucks.

So yeah... understandably I'm not now, nor will I ever be in the 'Big Dogs' club.
    Fine with me.
    Willfully acknowledging where I stand in the pecking order makes everything sooo much easier in the on-line world.

IMHO getting slapped around (occasionally) in the on-line world is a fact of life.
    What gets under my skin are people that are easily offended.
    Better yet... people that are easily offended on-line and then 'rat out' other users to admin rather than trying to work things out in the thread.

Heh... I got spanked at CF for; "posting my opinions as facts" in a particular thread once.
    I remember it well...

However it was a positive learning experience...
    I learned that the easiest way to stop the beatings is to simply stop defending yourself.
    Plan 'B' on how to stop getting pounded in a tech-thread is to simply agree with the person pounding me. Works every time. Alpha Male's need to know their top dog. Give em' that and they're happy.

As for being mean to noobs at CF. . .
    A while back their were several noobs (post count of 2 or 3) that jumped in and started voicing this disapproval quite sternly. Understandably it didnt go over well with the Old Guard.
    In that sense I'd like to say that the moderators at CF were excellent. They ran the place like a friendly corner pub, NOT like a grade-school library.
    Trouble brews, runs its course, and settles down. Threads occasionally get 'closed' but he ban-hammer seldom comes out.

As a noob here with little to contribute, there will be a learning curve for me but I'm sure I can count on the Big Dogs, moderators, and Alpha Males to set me straight if the need should arise.
    And honestly, I have no problem with that approach since I want no problem with it.
    -Jake-

2016 Longhorn 3500, 4x4 shortbed CrewCab, Cummins HO/AISIN, 99.8% stock.
    * Hauling a 2018 Northstar Arrow-U. Scale weight 12,400 Lb.

14. Thanks MRMAYHEM, Babin Farms thanked for this post
    Likes MRMAYHEM, cumminsbadgirl, BlackBart liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
    With only 5 years under my belt and a mere 1600+ posts I consider myself a bit of a noob over there at CF.
    Certainly not one of the 'Big Dogs', but then again I'm a first time Cummins owner with a stock truck, I dont own a farm or Diesel shop, I'm not a certified mechanic, and I dont (and probably never will) have a signature with a long list of Cummins trucks.

So yeah... understandably I'm not now, nor will I ever be in the 'Big Dogs' club.
    Fine with me.
    Willfully acknowledging where I stand in the pecking order makes everything sooo much easier in the on-line world.

IMHO getting slapped around (occasionally) in the on-line world is a fact of life.
    What gets under my skin are people that are easily offended.
    Better yet... people that are easily offended on-line and then 'rat out' other users to admin rather than trying to work things out in the thread.

Heh... I got spanked at CF for; "posting my opinions as facts" in a particular thread once.
    I remember it well...

https://i.postimg.cc/3N860jP5/FaceSlap.gif

However it was a positive learning experience...
    I learned that the easiest way to stop the beatings is to simply stop defending yourself.
    Plan 'B' on how to stop getting pounded in a tech-thread is to simply agree with the person pounding me. Works every time. Alpha Male's need to know their top dog. Give em' that and they're happy.

As for being mean to noobs at CF. . .
    A while back their were several noobs (post count of 2 or 3) that jumped in and started voicing this disapproval quite sternly. Understandably it didnt go over well with the Old Guard.
    In that sense I'd like to say that the moderators at CF were excellent. They ran the place like a friendly corner pub, NOT like a grade-school library.
    Trouble brews, runs its course, and settles down. Threads occasionally get 'closed' but he ban-hammer seldom comes out.

As a noob here with little to contribute, there will be a learning curve for me but I'm sure I can count on the Big Dogs, moderators, and Alpha Males to set me straight if the need should arise.
    And honestly, I have no problem with that approach since I want no problem with it.
    -Jake-
    One thing you will find here is there are NO “Alpha males” (or alpha females... shout out to @cumminsbadgirl). . I’ve been a member of both forums since I bought my first Cummins in 2014. One thing I’ve found... there is ZERO tolerance to “bullying” and general being a “tasteless”, opinionated , “P-rick “ here. Just my two pennies. . If you have something constructive / helpful or related to say... say it. If not... keep it to yourself. I treat people the way I want to be treated. In my mind friendships are easy..... “give more than you take”. Mic drop *. Stay safe everyone.

2012 Dodge 2500 6 inch suspension lift 4 inch body lift sitting on 41's DPF delete Straight pipe turbo back twin stacks road armour front and rear bumpers mini max tuner...tuned by DOUBLE R DIESEL

16. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

You will enjoy it here.

I am new here as well and have received nothing but a helping hand anytime I have asked anything.

I don't have a ton to offer experience wise as I have owned this truck for 8 years but just started to o modifications to it.

I have been learning a lot from this place and applying it to gaining some of that experience first hand.

I enjoy being able to pass along what ever bits of info have to better us all as a community.

2012 RAM 2500 Crew Cab SLT 6.7L.

18. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRMAYHEM View Post
    One thing you will find here is there are NO “Alpha males” (or alpha females... shout out to @cumminsbadgirl). . I’ve been a member of both forums since I bought my first Cummins in 2014. One thing I’ve found... there is ZERO tolerance to “bullying” and general being a “tasteless”, opinionated , “P-rick “ here. Just my two pennies. . If you have something constructive / helpful or related to say... say it. If not... keep it to yourself. I treat people the way I want to be treated. In my mind friendships are easy..... “give more than you take”. Mic drop *. Stay safe everyone.

Y, THANK YOU @MRMAYHEM
    And yes, X2 on NO drama here!!
    Big Daddy WON’T allow it!!!
    This is a very respectful and respected community.

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes MRMAYHEM, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN, BlackBart liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast