Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: DRD Compared To Anarchy?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

Hey guys I know that there is a ton of positive feedback on DRD and I’ve yet to see any negative which is great but I always like to weigh options.

So my question is can anyone give me their reviews of Anarchy tunes on the MM3 Tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

I have experience with both, although on completely different engines and transmissions, as well as a different tuner. So my insight might not matter.

I had Anarchy tuning on EFI live for the 2006 I used to have, truck ran amazing. With just tuning and a built trans the truck had a 0-60 at around 4.4 seconds. Now the Monitor was not perfect but it felt like about that.

Now I have DRD tuning with the MM3 on my 2012 and boy do I love it, truck drives amazing and can really move quick. Almost feels like my 06 did, power wise and shifting under full throttle feels pretty similar.

The MM3 is a fantastic platform, and these tunes from DRD really made the truck wake up and drive a thousand times better. No idea on the 0-60 for this truck, I tend to baby my vehicles now hahah.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Punchy92 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

I appreciate the input! Any info is good info. I wish I didn’t have to be a life member to be able to price drd but it’s understandable and I can’t say I blame them. Hope to get more comments from others experience with anarchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

I don't think you will find much feedback on Anarchy here. You will get a slight bias depending on the forum you are on. I have a 2016 3500 with DRD tunes (just completed about two weeks ago).

Previously I had a 2011 3500 with an H&S so that is all I can compare to. That truck ran like a scalded dog and knocked down 23 mpg on the freeway (CCLB 2wd). I also didn't know about head studs and ran it on the highest setting; pretty sure I lifted the head gasket on it cause it blew oil out of the breather pretty bad when I traded it in.

The DRD tunes were easy to install and the learning curve to set up the MM3 to my liking was minimal. While DRD could use some material delivery improvements , the videos are detailed and accurate. I found them quite useful to answer my questions during the install and MM3 setup. Not to mention his response to my emails was extremely fast. I emailed him at night time for tunes and before I was awake the next morning they were in my inbox. Any follow on questions have been answered within hours. I can appreciate customer service and I couldn't quite capture how important that was to me until I experienced it; it reassured me that I had made the right choice.

As far as the tune, I am quite pleased with the performance of the truck and the increased drivability. I did notice a slight reduction in fuel economy, but my last few days in the states was pretty city-centric so that likely had a big impact. I didn't notice any large changes in the transmission shifting other than a slight increase to shift flare and slight modification to shift patterns during the little time I drove the truck before parking it. I assume that will improve a little, but I dont mind the shift flare if it gives my transmission longer life. I have heard that the Anarchy tunes have snappier shifts which probably feels better in normal driving but at what potential cost?

I also noticed the exhaust brake engaged quite a bit better and down to a lower speed than factory which I found to be good at slowing me down with minimal brake application. I know this will be a big benefit once I start hooking up to a 5th wheel. My wife was surprised by how quick my truck was before the tune, but afterwards she was even more shocked. The truck can get out in traffic with ease (maybe that is where the fuel economy went haha). Initial pedal response is much better and part throttle was also greatly improved.

I say all of that to say, yes, the paywall is hard to get past, but it was worth every penny to me.

It is also worth mentioning DRD pays it back in discounts so if that is what you want, then it is not wasted.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

7. Thanks Punchy92, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

I have had Anarchy tuning on the MM3 platform for a little over a year now.

No issues at all and performs great, just had a retune done because of a few upgrades and turn around time was less then a day for the new tune.

You can’t beat the cost either in my opinion, also have 2 other friends with Anarchy, one with EFI and one with MM3 and both satisfied.

You won’t hear much of many other tuners other then DRD on this forum but do your own research and make your own mind.

If you want the “fluff” tunes which I call the sound tunes (I personally don’t see the need for them but that’s just me) go with DRD.

9. Thanks Mdavlee thanked for this post
    Likes Mdavlee liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

The guys at Anarchy talked me into selling my old smarty with tnt files and getting their EFi Live.

Worst mistake I've made in a decade.

11. Likes Mdavlee, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

DRD Compared To Anarchy?

I've had anarchy for nearly 3 years with no problems. However, when i bought the MM3 for my 2012 tuned by them around nov 2017 the next month they stopped supporting the mm3 for 2010-2012. They had made a lot of posts on their facebook about updates that were coming and would be free to mm3 users for 2010-2012 but unfortunately that never came. Now I'm lookin to put a new turbski on the cummins but can't get revisions through anarchy at all. Of course i bought this all through RSD which is now defunct. Again their tunes were solid, customer service wise, not so much l, at least for me. Wish i was aware that they were going to stop mm3 tuning 2012s or i would have went a different route. This of course won't apply to you since you have a 2014, I'm still a little butthurt. Rant complete.

So i'll probably go with DRD once i get a new Beijing war whistle hooked up. Just not looking forward to spending another 700 dollars on new tunes when it should have been a 150 dollar revision.