Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member 09 Ram 6.7 tune help

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New member 09 Ram 6.7 tune help

Well folks, due to the sensitivity of the subject of certain tunes these days I thought I would change things up and add some photos of my truck along with mods and the issues I'm having.

Admins feel free to delete if the pics or content are too much.

So I bought this truck used at auction and drove it home from Nebraska to Florida last March and apparently it has some kind of tune since it had a 4" to 5" straight pipe exhaust with what appears to have two O2 sensors installed in the straight pipe but the two other sensors I believe are exhaust temp sensors are just tie wrapped up on the frame, all of the other stock components were still in place.

So the truck drove the 1600 miles home just fine getting only 10 MPG with barely stock power with the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT on & the DPF FULL warning continually chiming and the SERVICE REQUIRED and the SEE DEALER NOW constantly displayed on the overhead computer display.

So after I got it home I did a bunch of PM maintenance like full fluid changes, Valve lash adjustment, new H2O pump, new AC compressor, dryer & condenser, replaced the plastic end intercooler with a 08 OEM aluminum unit.

I then stumbled across a H&S 2nd GEN turbo setup with a BW S300 66/73/.09 with manifold and a REVMAX TCM so I installed the setup.

Then I installed some analog GlowShift EGT, BOOST & TRANS TEMP gauges above the rear view mirror and installed a Edge CTS2 monitor on the A pillar along with a CSP5 switch mounted on the dash.

I just want the truck setup to tow and romp around a little bit, all major components are stock.

So check out the photo's of the stuff I've done and the ones showing the issues I'm having and feel free to PM me on mods or tunes I should consider, I am pretty green on the present day EFI Live and all other tuning for the 2006 and newer Cummins.

I also just recieved a MM3 today to add to my arsenal.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: New member 09 Ram 6.7 tune help

Well I tried to upload some more pics but I'm unable to add any of my other photo's, long story short, I just want to buy a tune that will work correctly with my truck and have support after the sale.

I don't want to buy a tune from party "A" and then have to deal with party "B" for service or support.

WTF but this is all I can seem to find in the way of a tune for my old *** 11 year old truck!

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I just realized this post should have been in the Engine Management / Tuning

6. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Did you look into DRD yet?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Likes AnOldBiker, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Given the exhaust on the truck it sounds like the truck HAD a tuner on it and who ever sent it to auction removed the tuner and replaced it with factory tuning.

At this point you have 2 choices, get new tunes or replace the exhaust with factory components.

If you can get ahold of some SIMS that can get you by until you decide what your long term solution will be.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Nice looking truck.

I would recommend signing up as a Platinum Lifetime Member and look into DRD.

Lots of great information on this forum.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Can anyone tell me where DRD is located?

State? Country?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast