Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Engine Lurch?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Engine Lurch?

Had an odd one last night on a drive.

Took my wife and pup out to go star gazing about an hour from home.

On the way back at about 65mph the engine made a noise for just a second, sounded like it was free wheeling - like the rpms briefly went up with no load.

It all happened in a very brief time, by the time I looked down at the tach it was over - I was looking out the window and not paying attention to the tach but I didn't notice the needle moving back down to where it was sitting (~1500-1600rpm).

I didn't feel the truck lurch, didn't feel anything through the pedal or the steering wheel.

We also didn't notice anything the rest of the drive home.

No CEL, I'll go check for any stored errors later this afternoon/tomorrow.

Does this sound like something someone may have experienced?

Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Engine Lurch?

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    Had an odd one last night on a drive.

Took my wife and pup out to go star gazing about an hour from home.

On the way back at about 65mph the engine made a noise for just a second, sounded like it was free wheeling - like the rpms briefly went up with no load.

It all happened in a very brief time, by the time I looked down at the tach it was over - I was looking out the window and not paying attention to the tach but I didn't notice the needle moving back down to where it was sitting (~1500-1600rpm).

I didn't feel the truck lurch, didn't feel anything through the pedal or the steering wheel.

We also didn't notice anything the rest of the drive home.

No CEL, I'll go check for any stored errors later this afternoon/tomorrow.

Does this sound like something someone may have experienced?

Thanks!

Do you have any mods done to the truck?

Have you done any maintenance to the truck recently or had someone else do maintenance to it recently?

Did you happen to just fill up with fuel or anything?

Make sure you tag me or message me so I don't miss the response.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks PullinAir thanked for this post
    Likes PullinAir, Aboshan liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@DDP No mods, truck is new to me and bone stock as far as I know (all emissions parts are intact) . I've only put ~1k miles on it so far - truck has 119k miles on it.

In the last 500 miles I've changed oil, fuel filter, air filter, had the coolant flushed and refilled, had the transmission fluid and filter changed, and changed the rear diff fluid. Changing front diff fluid is on my list of things to do.

I was at half a tank, so hadn't added any fuel in awhile. It had been about a week since the truck had been driven.

I did scroll through the evic after it happened, all temps and pressures were good. Coolant @ 195, oil pressure @ 42, I don't remember trans temp but it didn't throw any alarms in my head.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PullinAir View Post
    @DDP No mods, truck is new to me and bone stock as far as I know (all emissions parts are intact) . I've only put ~1k miles on it so far - truck has 119k miles on it.

In the last 500 miles I've changed oil, fuel filter, air filter, had the coolant flushed and refilled, had the transmission fluid and filter changed, and changed the rear diff fluid. Changing front diff fluid is on my list of things to do.

I was at half a tank, so hadn't added any fuel in awhile. It had been about a week since the truck had been driven.

I did scroll through the evic after it happened, all temps and pressures were good. Coolant @ 195, oil pressure @ 42, I don't remember trans temp but it didn't throw any alarms in my head.

It may have just had some air in the system possibly. I would keep driving it and if it happens again let us know. Also make sure all battery connections are tight as they can do alot of crazy things to your truck. More then likely it was just a little air in the system.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks PullinAir thanked for this post
    Likes PullinAir, AK Bob, Twalt1687 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@DDP

Interesting. Air in the fuel line?

It didn't happen again, at least for the next 30 minutes that we drove home. I was watching like a hawk for anything.

I'll pay attention and hopefully not have to report back!

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm with Clayton, it's probably just a little hiccup.

Looks like you're on top of the maintenance so just go out and enjoy the truck.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks PullinAir thanked for this post
    Likes PullinAir liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu