Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68RFE Rebuild Time

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Rebuild Time

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerDave View Post
    Well after a ton of research it may be my oil pump.

There's a TCC lockup switch valve on the pump that a small spring normally breaks and then the bore washes out by hyd pressure.

There is no fix or replacement bore out kit for it so I'd have to get a new pump.
    I don't buy that one.

Stick with the plan.

Dud you check the wiring ground when you checked that plug?

Did you actually take the plug apart?

The real story will be when you drop the pan.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

I’ve seen pumps valves - converters - even low or fluid that needs replacing cause the issue. What symptoms are you having?

Sonnax does make over sized tcc switch valve. Idk where you got that piece of information from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

VB always a good place to start could be broke plastic for spin on!! Replace that with steel one .. do a Transgo shift kit it will come with end plate fix seals for accumulators and fix for tcc if that’s bad nice seals for plastic accumulators if you can afford upgrade to Revmax pistons anodized they will help if accumulators are worn bad .. moves seals to new spot and gives three seals on each piston !! Very nice DNJ plate is nice but not cheap it usually comes with filter adapter!! Channels are shallower and it’s a 1” thick aluminum work of art won’t warp or flex and that might be your problem cross leaks?*?? Pretty common.. you should check VB to make sure it’s flat with a straight edge!! If need be get a 18” x24” piece of porcelain tile some and sand paper Self stick to sand it flat new gasket and would do either Ats or bd Seperator plate and gaskets will boost pressure .. and give stronger spring for tcc with it if going that direction?*?? You’ll know when dropping VB you can rebuild the solenoid or by one rebuilt sonnax has great kit with block !! A deep pan is nice for stiffening trans up and service draining!! But not necessary

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Did you ever get this squared away?

Starting to experience similar issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12