Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Highway Products Tool box

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Highway Products Tool box

So I made my craigslist steal of the year and I have met a new friend. I was able to find and buy a newish tool box from a 40 yr retired fireman in Bend Oregon. Great guy and we got to shoot the bull about lots of things and when he saw my truck he
    talked to me about how he loved his fire trucks and emergency vehicles in his time that had a Cummins.

the only thing I may do is paint the box. all the shine shine stuff is not growing on me.

Resized_20200319_081332.jpg

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes AnOldBiker, Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Highway Products Tool box

Make sure you put thin strips of rubber between the box and the bed or there will be wear marks soon.
    My brother had his box painted by a pro, and it lasted two years before it started to peel off .. sure you want to do that ???

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Highway Products Tool box

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Make sure you put thin strips of rubber between the box and the bed or there will be wear marks soon.
    My brother had his box painted by a pro, and it lasted two years before it started to peel off .. sure you want to do that ???

I put some protective membrane behind and on the sides, I have even cut and placed 1/4 rubber mat on the inside and will do something for the sides for my stuff moving around and sound. the alum tray they make is nice but makes some noise. I will address that too.
    I dont live far from White City Oregon where they make these. I'm going to call them and ask if they can paint it since they sell them painted as well. they make a few headache racks that accept their toolbox to saddle between so I want to check those out but in the black they offer. if they don't want to paint it then i can paint it. paint should last more then 2 years on this but I have some ideas on what I will use if that time comes.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post