Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: VGT fuse #37 Keeps Blowing

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

VGT fuse #37 Keeps Blowing

Its been a while sense I have been on here but had an issue the other day and thought I would share what I found out.

I was pulling my camper (7000#) and had let off the throttle and my exhaust brake wasn't working. No codes and everything was running as it should. Got to the campground set everything up and started checking fuses. #37 was blown. Put a new one in and as soon as turned the key on, snap goes another one. So I decided to do some research on my phone. Found a thread online that was talking about this very issue. It talked about unplugging each connector one at a time and see if the fuse would snap when the key was cycled on. It also said that if you did all of them under the hood and it still snapped you needed to unplug the C130 connector that goes through the fire wall. Well I don't have stock in 15 amp fuses so I skipped to the C130 plug just to make sure my problem was or was not under the hood. So with that unplugged, key on, no snap. So to shorten this story up, my EGR is deleted and one of the plugs that I zip tied up out of the way had a wire that had rubbed through and was grounding out. The reason that I am telling you this is cause the Dodge dealer here in town told me that I probably need a new turbo. So being the guy that I am I wanted to exhaust all other options and save money if I could. Hope this will help others down the road.

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Lesson learned.

Always make sure there is no chance of chafing when doing this stuff.

Thank you sir

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah when I heard new turbo all I could think was of all the hours I was going to have to put in putting my truck back to stock.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just sold one cheap

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I should be good for a while now. LOL