Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CEL Keeps Coming On

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CEL Keeps Coming On

I've got a 2008 that was deleted before I purchased it with a Sinister Diesel kit and an H&S Mini Maxx.

I purchased the truck with almost 200,000 miles and it now has 221,000.

The only other mods are a Banks intake horn, Banks ram air intake and ARP studs.

I just took a trip from Tennessee to Texas and it threw CEL codes several times.

Most times was a P0106 so I replaced the MAP sensor and it helped for a little bit, but it's still throwing the code pretty regularly.

I can't determine when it does it because sometimes it will do it when I'm in the throttle, and other times when I'm just driving easy.

Sometimes it depowers to the point where holding any speed above 60 mph up a hill is almost impossible. I get the CEL and the lightning bolt at the same time, but the lightning bolt doesn't flash, it's just steady on.

Pulling off the side of the road and clearing the codes solves it for a bit.

The codes that get thrown are P0106, P0585, P1011, a fuel rail pressure code that I don't have written down, and an code that the Mini Maxx doesn't read.

Before I go through replacing more sensors that apparently aren't broken, could this be my Mini Maxx?

I'm going to upgrade the tuner, but I don't want to pay the money for that yet if I'm still battling these CEL issues.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CEL Keeps Coming On

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I've got a 2008 that was deleted before I purchased it with a Sinister Diesel kit and an H&S Mini Maxx.

I purchased the truck with almost 200,000 miles and it now has 221,000.

The only other mods are a Banks intake horn, Banks ram air intake and ARP studs.

I just took a trip from Tennessee to Texas and it threw CEL codes several times.

Most times was a P0106 so I replaced the MAP sensor and it helped for a little bit, but it's still throwing the code pretty regularly.

I can't determine when it does it because sometimes it will do it when I'm in the throttle, and other times when I'm just driving easy.

Sometimes it depowers to the point where holding any speed above 60 mph up a hill is almost impossible. I get the CEL and the lightning bolt at the same time, but the lightning bolt doesn't flash, it's just steady on.

Pulling off the side of the road and clearing the codes solves it for a bit.

The codes that get thrown are P0106, P0585, P1011, a fuel rail pressure code that I don't have written down, and an code that the Mini Maxx doesn't read.

Before I go through replacing more sensors that apparently aren't broken, could this be my Mini Maxx?

I'm going to upgrade the tuner, but I don't want to pay the money for that yet if I'm still battling these CEL issues.

there definitely is a potential it could be your mini max because like all electronics they need to be kept up to date and if you look there has not been an update in quite some time.

I would keep doing the cheaper things possible before just spending the money on a new tuner but more times then not it is the mini

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks MrAnderson thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have been hearing lots of negative things about the Mini Maxx even before I bought this truck.

With this code it keeps throwing it's a couple hundred dollars worth of sensors and I don't think I want to replace them all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I have been hearing lots of negative things about the Mini Maxx even before I bought this truck.

With this code it keeps throwing it's a couple hundred dollars worth of sensors and I don't think I want to replace them all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    This was a problem with H&S years ago.

People would go into the the dealer, dealer would unhook the mini max and clear the codes with their scan tool and would have no codes until the mini max was plugged back up.

I'd bet you situation is the same but maybe not.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks MrAnderson thanked for this post