Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  66
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The EPA VS. Diesel Brothers, and they LOST!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: The EPA VS. Diesel Brothers, and they LOST!

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    I was at the fuel pump last week and I was approached by a gentleman as I was sitting in my truck.

He came up to my window and asked if my truck was deleted, kinda hard to deny it with the tuner right there and I said yes.

He went on to tell me that he was wanting to delete his 2011 Cummins for better fuel mileage and asked who had done my deletes.

I told him politely that I will NOT give that info out, he then got a pissy attitude but I’m going to protect my shop and not send a complete stranger to them.

He said he already had a tuner and I didn’t bother asking him which one then he just stared at me, LOL.

Was he waiting for me to break down and give him what he wanted to hear!

Jerk!

End of story. LOL

2014 Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4
    MM3/DRD, *** EGR Delete
    AFE CAI, 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler, 4” Zone lift w/37 Federal Couragia’s/Black Rhinos
    I have had the same thing happen to me a few times.

I removed my DRD sticker on the back window last year.

I don't want people to connect anything by looking up DRD.

When I'm asked if or who deleted.

I have just said either no its not and I just say I took the muffler off that's why its louder.

Or I say yes its deleted and I did it myself.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I bought mine deleted, so I can't answer who deleted it.

However, I have never been a fan of rolling coal due to the EPA getting their panties in a wad.

I'd rather not advertise that mine is deleted and I really don't like the little bit of black smoke it does throw when I'm into it for the same reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

The EPA "swamp" definitely needs to be drained. However, in this case the plaintiff wasn't the EPA. Sparks Motors was sued by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment for violating the Clean Air Act. They went so far as to actually purchase a deleted truck from Sparks Motors to have it tested for smog. Diesel Brothers did do us a disservice by airing trucks rolling coal on national TV.

My rig is deleted not just for reliability, but also for my HP goals. I do not aim for rolling coal on anyone or anything.

Until we can legislatively correct some of the EPA overreach, we need to act our best in public as to not give them anymore ammo to come after us. Sort of like not having to be the fastest guy running from the bear, we just need to be the guy ahead of the next worst "perceived" polluter. Contact your legislators and voice your opinion on your rights to your own property. Support the SEMA SAN RPM Act.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...1&d=1583924023

The TV hosts were found guilty of violating the Clean Air Act. What did these guys think was going to happen?

Read the info below very carefully, and you'll see the EPA is no joke and this my friends are why we will continue to go down the rabbit hole here at igotacummins.com

The stars of Discovery Channel's Diesel Brothers television show are being ordered to pay $851,451 for their role in producing and selling modified diesel pickups that wreaked environmental havoc in the state of Utah. David "Heavy D" Sparks, Joshua Stuart, Keaton Hoskins, and Dave Kiley—a.k.a. "Diesel Dave"—were the targets of a case that reached a federal judge after being initiated by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment. It was then ruled that the defendants must pay the dollar mentioned above amount to the United States government and Davis County with additional restitution potentially on the way.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports that U.S. District Court Judge Robert Shelby announced in his ruling Friday that the plaintiffs may also submit their attorney fees to be paid by Sparks and Co. Per Cole Cannon, a lawyer for the "Diesel Brothers," the opposing party claimed $1.2 million in fees when speaking with the judge.

Shelby decisively and formally confirmed that the defendants must pay $761,451 to the U.S. government, with the remaining $90,000 going to Davis County. This comes less than a year after Shelby found those involved with the television program guilty of violating the Clean Air Act and Utah state law by stripping diesel pickups of their legally required emissions equipment. This includes components such as diesel particulate filters (DPF) and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems, both of which have been the focus of multiple regulation enforcement operations by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Court documents show that none of the fines can be avoided or dismissed in bankruptcy, according to KSL.

Cannon explained to The Tribune that his clients wished for more of the court-ordered payout to benefit the state of Utah. His explanation as to why, though, was more than questionable. "My clients have always been committed to restoring air quality in Utah," he said.

In direct contradiction to Cannon's statement, the Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment found the pickups built and modified by the "Diesel Brothers" to be grossly over-polluting. The plaintiffs actually purchased a truck from Sparks Motors and promptly sent it to Denver for testing, in which the results showed it emitted 36 times more pollution and 21 times more particulate matter than if it was equipped with proper emissions systems.

Sparks and Kiley originally made names for themselves with their online truck marketplace, DieselSellerz. The website provides a platform for customers to buy and sell their diesel pickups, many of them modified in the same way that the "Diesel Brothers" are now being punished for. That said, this was before environmental activist groups, and regulation agencies declared all-out war on vehicles that "roll coal," spewing unburned fuel into the air.

Reed Zars, an attorney representing Utah Physicians, previously questioned Sparks about his company's social presence that was primarily centered around heavily polluting trucks. There was one video in particular with a description that read, "What do you do when you see a dorky Prius driver? Watch the #BuiltDiesel smoke out a Prius." Sparks explained that the video was "created by an employee I fired after I saw that video."

The video, which has racked up nearly 797,000 views at the time of publishing, was never removed.

The duo and their fellow defendants are banned from removing diesel emissions equipment as well as selling vehicles that have been modified as such. From here on out, if they violate pollution standards, they could be found in contempt of court.

The original link is available by request.
    Bunch of **** by liberal pieces of crap and big brother

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Bunch of **** by liberal pieces of crap and big brother
    Seems to be a reoccurring theme for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189, Cummins7 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12