Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: 2019 Valve Body Recall 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #1

2019 Valve Body Recall 68RFE

Does anyone know what they are offering for a fix?

My dealer won't have the parts for the repair until December 2020 and I'm trying to decide if should look elsewhere to have the repair done or just upgrade the valve body myself to avoid issue.

I put a lot of mileage on my truck so I'm not sure I want to wait another 10 months to fix it.

Is there anything important to know about the valve bodies on the 2019 and later vs earlier models?

It seems like replacing the valve body might be a good idea anyway, especially if I'm going to be running tunes.

2. Likes watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Just returned from the dealer.

The Service dept says they have no valve body stock and don't have an ETA on any new ones.

He said they used up their allotment on trucks sitting in sales inventory and have 16 customers broke dick towed in waiting for the repair.

Evidently their is a major failure issue. CRAP.

4. Thanks TheHogfather thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I am contemplating just biting the bullet and spending $800 on an ATS upgrade and avoiding the oxygen thieves at the dealer all together.

Might as well just do a delete too while I am at it.

6. Thanks TheHogfather thanked for this post
    Likes TheHogfather, watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm in the same boat with my 19 mega got two recall letters in the mail one emissions PCM flash and the valve body recall with new PCM flash.

Letter states trans temps will skyrocket if failure is present. haven't seen temps over 168 yet.

Guess just call Revmax and get a replacement?

Is the separator plate stated on recall the steel between the two valve body halves?

If so the BD protect kit might be a viable cheaper option?

Then just have the tune adjusted for the increased line pressure.

Weld body, s467 7 2g swap, arp 625, bonded valve body gasket, revmax accumulator pistons, revmax deep trans pan,, carli 3.25 lift with kings, 37x12.5 rubber,dj precision valve cover

8. Likes watersupply189, Mdavlee liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I am scared to take it in as they might decide to de tune the engine with the reflash and give me back a dog.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 Valve Body Recall 68RFE

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Passarelli View Post
    I am contemplating just biting the bullet and spending $800 on an ATS upgrade and avoiding the oxygen thieves at the dealer all together.

Might as well just do a delete too while I am at it.
    Stay easy from ATS anything they are bullshit parts and company.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post