Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock Vs. 50hp Vs. 100hp Injectors

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Stock Vs. 50hp Vs. 100hp Injectors

As you can probably guess by the title I am looking at getting injectors as my next mod. Soooooooooo with that said I would like to know opinions and options for what I am wanting. My current build here is what I have performance wise.

Motor:
    Stock HX35 Turbo
    Stock intercooler
    Reman VP44 Pump
    S&B Cold air intake with paper filter
    4" Turbo Back exhaust Straight pipe
    Edge Juice with Attitude
    Raptor 100 Lift Pump set to 19PSI

I believe that is all that is done motor wise.

Now here is what I use the truck for. I have a mud truck that many of you have probably seen. So I tow that truck at least once a month with a total weight of truck and trailer somewhere in the neighborhood of 8100#
    I also have friends that demolition derby and for 3 months out of the year I am hauling cars every weekend. So I want some injectors that are going to be able to give me that extra umph off the line while I tow.

So this is my goal. I want to have that extra punch off the line empty or loaded. I would like to maybe pick up some MPG from my current 18.4 I also would like the wow factor of a little more smoke than just the puff I get now. I want a good balance of performance and smoke. Now I know smoke is a touchy subject. But I would like the wow factor if I want it. I am more interested int he mpg and performance. This is one reason why I am not just picking the biggest injector and having it put in to black out the sky. That is not my intent here. Now if that is a side affect of more power then I'm ok with it haha. But mainly since I do lots of towing I am more looking at injectors as a performance increase that will be helpful in multiple areas.

now for the research that I have done so far. I have found that 50hp stick can smoke less than stock. Not really what I want but I won't turn them down just on the smoke factor alone. I am actually leaning to 100hp sticks. I have read where people will go and throw 120 sticks and 200 sticks in a stock engine and blow it sky high or melt it down. So I am a bit cautious about going that big. But having also read many success stories I'm willing to consider the big sticks. I want to find the best bang for my buck and make my truck make good power and make it last a long time.

All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated! I am still learning the principals behind the diesel power world. I hope I can find a mod that will give me all 3 of the things I want. That is why I decided to go sticks before turbo. I do know that means some higher EGT's but my question is how much higher? I cruise right now in the 95*heat at about 690 at 60mph. Drops to around 590-620 on the highway at 70mph.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

Bosch RV275's

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Interesting suggestion. After some quick googleing LOL the 45hp sounds like a nice gain. Any other suggestions?? Is there a reason for those over a 100hp bosch or even the 75hp bosch.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If you didn't tow I would go with some 100hp injectors. The RVs will give u a nice boost in power and mileage.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I see so when towing you don't want a bigger injector without some sort of supporting mods I take it? How would the smoke factor be? Less than what I have now? After reading up on the 275's I hear everyone saying its a good jump even without a box. So with a box is there going to be a bigger increase I take it or will the box actually hurt performance??

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Keep an eye on EGTs and you can tow just fine with 100s and a stock turbo. I have a set of used 75s I'm looking to get rid of...

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Have you looked at just doing nozzles? Like the dragon fire? Industrial sales them they told me to do those cause I did a turbo before injectors so I'm at the point of getting injectors/ nozzles as well

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I thought about doing just nozzels but I wasn't too sure about them so I wanted to explore the full option first LOL

Oh really?? Whats the deal on these 75's?? What numbers really should I void as far as EGT's? right now I get scared when I hit 1k I usually back it way down after I hit that which is only when im doing a full run on lvl 5 for 1/4 mile

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Give me a call sometime and we can go over some options.

10. Likes bigtman07 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICSWITCH442 View Post
    Have you looked at just doing nozzles? Like the dragon fire? Industrial sales them they told me to do those cause I did a turbo before injectors so I'm at the point of getting injectors/ nozzles as well
    Industrial is way overpriced. Getting your injectors setup up properly is well worth the money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast