Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resto Project: '98 3500 12 Valve 5 speed 4x2

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Resto Project: '98 3500 12 Valve 5 speed 4x2

Now I got pixilated looking flames. Haha.

Took a flap wheel to this door and there are an odd crease and dents where the hood and driver door meet.

I think s trailer must have come around at some point and smacked that area...I am considering just replacing the entire door because it has affected the window.

The window struggles to get a good tight seal and air leaks through it at speed.

The hood has Bondo so I may be on the lookout for the hood as well.

Probably gonna do some epoxy primer. And hit it with a flat gray color afterward with a clear coat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Been meaning to post this I got the rats nest under the truck taken care of.

She is all better now.

Going to be building a paint booth out of PVC in a deserted shop across town over the next few weeks. Will be stripping the paint down to its bare ***.

I will have to rattle can it but I got no other choice. I will be using Rust-Oleum High-Performance Paint Enamel light Machine Gray and will topcoat it with clear.

I'm going to do all the paint stripping at my house and whenever it's ready for paint I will drive it over to this shop paint it there over a few weeks or so.

I'm Gunna strip most of the interior out as well and pull the weather stripping off and replacing the worn outstripping as well.

Gunna gets a replacement hood, driver door, and tailgate in mean time.

Might go with a flatbed but I'm not sure yet.

4. Likes AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

In severe need of light.

The fog light bezel is already cracked so I decided to take a gamble with it and shaving the plastic off to fit my Baja design light.

Does the OEM fog light bolt up here or what? I can't find any pictures of the hardware to mount them.

Here is what the bracket on the fog light, I need to make some sort of bracket to secure the light to.

I got a stick welding machine so I can tack some thin metal together. I want the metal to be bolted to some part of the bumper or bumper supports.

I'm Gunna cut channels in the Bracket so it slide around to get the right fitment

Maybe I'll sell this if I get it right. I couldn't find anything online for it

6. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Man what a difference that makes!!

Now I just need to figure out how to wire the air bag back up (or just leave it) and get the horn connected.

There is no clock spring on the column

7. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Still making headway on the truck.

I got 3 ISSPRO gauges on the way...it all started after by A-pillar mount randomly fell and I couldn't snap it back in place because of the horrendous amount of wires behind it from PO.

So I did what any good respectful Cummins owner would do.....I went postal on it.

All that Yee wiring from behind the dash is gone. I removed the aftermarket alarm as well because for some reason the door locks stopped locking. What is more aggravating is I spent the time tidying most of those wires up.

Except for the wiring for the gauges. PO took Daisy Channing gauges to a new level so I had to be sure when pulling these wires he didn't tap into something critical.

But all is good now. I'm genuinely instead of how many pounds worth of zip ties I cut out.

My fog Baja design lights are mounted. I need to get the white lense covers for them. I had these laying around from my 4runner.

The PO removed the grid heater so I ended up pulling the leads from the solenoids out to clean up the bay. After I run the ISSPRO gauges I'll post a picture of how I ran everything.

I put new friction tape on the harness and new hi-temp corrugated tubing around the harness but this was me midway in that process.

Now, this weekend I am going to fabricate an oil bypass filtration setup but I can only do that if I don't go out of town and the truck is still running well.

Although I lost quite a bit of oil in 800 miles. I got a bad leak somewhere. I went from the safe line down to the add line in 800 miles.

No blow-by coming out of the oil fill cap or smoke and it drives great.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well, I got my ISSPRO gauges in. I still have two more glowshit gauges to get rid of later.

Now I dealing with this crap!

Dodge did a lot of things right but making a shitty pump both vacuum and steering that leak is annoying.

Even more annoying when the vacuum pump only supplies air to the blend door and cruise control......

Such is life. I'm Gunna order a new OEM steering pump. This one looks like shite

Have to order a high-pressure atomizer. I need to blast my vacuum pump to get the paint off.

Here is my other toy 22.7k miles and it's still with the original owner.

I'm just the caretaker.

10. Likes Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I hope you guys haven't given up on me yet.

I have been down for about two weeks due to USPS and CPP diesel. I don't think I will be going back to CPP every again.

Anyways...I put on a new PSC power steering pump and had to buy a used vacuum and then I rebuilt that.

Get this! My old vacuum pump was welded back together!! I don't have a picture of the weld but you can see the crack in the pump, it was welded back together on the other side

And the pump was only attached with 3 nuts and the bracket was not even attached to it!

So while I was doing the vacuum pump, I took the time to replace the oil feed line with an OEM one and installed a Denso starter.

I also got my service manuals off eBay.

I got new hoses from napa for the pump hopefully they don't leak.

I have a new combination valve coming in along with a complete set of wires, terminals, and lugs for the batteries, starters and grounds.

It will probably be down for another week as im going out of town.

And here is my bracket 1 of 2 for my fog lights. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell some.

I think I'm Gunna start with flat plate and then bend it. Cutting angle iron down to the right size is a pain

12. Likes AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123