Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: In Need of Someone that is Familiar with 12V Wiring

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

In Need of Someone that is Familiar with 12V Wiring

I’ve bought the eas switch kit for my CTS2.

i’ve wired a dump valve into the CTS2 so I can dump my airbags down to five psi after towing without having to hold down the bleed valve.

I'm wanting to be able to use the switch to activate the pump for my air bags through a relay. Very simple but I’d like to still use my momentary manual switch to add a little pressure if need while driving without playing with the screen.

Is there anyone on here that may scetch a little diagram of how to do so?

I could do a little trial and error but I don’t want to take a chance on frying my CTS2.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. Likes Jaxonsram, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: In Need of Someone that is Familiar with 12V Wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I’ve bought the eas switch kit for my CTS2.

i’ve wired a dump valve into the CTS2 so I can dump my airbags down to five psi after towing without having to hold down the bleed valve.

I'm wanting to be able to use the switch to activate the pump for my air bags through a relay. Very simple but I’d like to still use my momentary manual switch to add a little pressure if need while driving without playing with the screen.

Is there anyone on here that may scetch a little diagram of how to do so?

I could do a little trial and error but I don’t want to take a chance on frying my CTS2.

Thanks,
    Andy
    I'm the resident ungineer.

If I read this right, you want to activate the same relay coil with 2 separate switches?

Assuming both switches are electomechanical, you can feed the coil on either side.

Open contacts won't feed back.

I'd draw a sketch but I need to sharpen my crayons. (engineers joke) I think you get it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks Mooseman thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm the resident ungineer.

If I read this right, you want to activate the same relay coil with 2 separate switches?

Assuming both switches are electomechanical, you can feed the coil on either side.

Open contacts won't feed back.

I'd draw a sketch but I need to sharpen my crayons. (engineers joke) I think you get it.
    Would it be all right with you if I drew a little sketch and had you approve?

I think I have it figured out but a second opinion would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

EFBA0C82-602D-493C-8CB5-B43487A7A568.jpgI am definitely no artist nor do I know all the symbols but this is what I came up with

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just looking at what you have and what I think you are trying to do I believe you want the momentary switch off the N/C contact of the relay.

So with the power switch on, when the green wire from your EAS energizes the relay coil it will power the compressor on through the N/O contacts.

When the EAS is not energizing the relay coil you you can turn on the compressor with the momentary switch through the N/C contact.

See very rough sketch.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks watersupply189, Mooseman thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Mooseman liked this post