Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Red/Green led blank screen?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Red/Green led blank screen?

At least 3 times a week when I start my truck my tuner will not power up. I get the red/green flashing led and I have to unplug it and plug it back in and its fine. I drive the truck almost everyday and both batteries are good. Is there something I should look for all connections are good as I have checked them a few time recently. It is annoying having to unplug the tuner and plug it back in to get it to work the majority of the time I drive the truck.

2017 Tradesman Bright white, Blacked out OEM headlights, 7" EVIC dash/screen, tinted windows including windshield, 2" HBS leveling kit w/2" shock extensions, 18x9 Procomp Series 5034 Rockwell wheels, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ARE Overland topper, LED bed lights (Walmart), 8.4 Uconnect w/nav, 7spd AC fan switch, OEM back up camera, S&B intake, CCV delete, MM3 from DRD, 4" FloPro DP back exhaust, BD Diesel Performance grid heater delete, Twin ram 3.5" intake horn, RevMax Trans cooler bypass

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Kyleearls liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Red/Green led blank screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnzz17 View Post
    At least 3 times a week when I start my truck my tuner will not power up. I get the red/green flashing led and I have to unplug it and plug it back in and its fine. I drive the truck almost everyday and both batteries are good. Is there something I should look for all connections are good as I have checked them a few time recently. It is annoying having to unplug the tuner and plug it back in to get it to work the majority of the time I drive the truck.
    Are you sure your batteries are good? If they are not fully charged, this could have an impact on your tuner friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Are you sure your batteries are good? If they are not fully charged, this could have an impact on your tuner friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    X2 You’re batteries may be good enough to start your truck but if they are not fully charged or have a weak cell the voltage may drop too low for the MM3 at startup.

Recommend charging the batteries over night to see if this fixes the issue.

If batteries won’t hold the change then have them load tested.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Had this problem myself.... when it would power up the numbers and readouts would freeze.

Turns out the monitor itself crapped out

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

8. Likes Kyleearls, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sorry havent been on lately due to work even after unplugging the tuner and driving the truck for some time and plugging it back in some times it still gives the blinking lights. Does anybody know the exact voltage required for this thing to power up?

2017 Tradesman Bright white, Blacked out OEM headlights, 7" EVIC dash/screen, tinted windows including windshield, 2" HBS leveling kit w/2" shock extensions, 18x9 Procomp Series 5034 Rockwell wheels, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ARE Overland topper, LED bed lights (Walmart), 8.4 Uconnect w/nav, 7spd AC fan switch, OEM back up camera, S&B intake, CCV delete, MM3 from DRD, 4" FloPro DP back exhaust, BD Diesel Performance grid heater delete, Twin ram 3.5" intake horn, RevMax Trans cooler bypass

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnzz17 View Post
    Sorry havent been on lately due to work even after unplugging the tuner and driving the truck for some time and plugging it back in some times it still gives the blinking lights. Does anybody know the exact voltage required for this thing to power up?
    I think if it drops below 12v on startup it will screw up the MM3.

I've gotten this problem just about every ~3 months since having my tuner and unplugging all the connections and letting it sit for while seems to fix the issue for some time.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post