Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 5 American Tires!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Top 5 American Tires!

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    I would be interested in knowing how many miles on average that you see people getting out of each tire on a diesel pickup.

Mud, all terrain, hybrid.

I'm personally sold on Cooper tires.

I've had 4 sets on 3 different vehicles with exceptional wear and handling.

2 sets of highway treads on 2 Tahoes, a set of AT3s on a F250 that got 55,000 miles, then replaced with ST MAXX.

They were wearing good when I sold the truck.

All of them worked well in snow, rain, light mud.
    I have a set of Cooper maxx stt pros on now.

I also have them center siped they are great in the mud OK in the snow and terrible in ice or on plowed roads.

I have about 25,000 on them they are wearing pretty well, but I rotate them every 5k.

I run 65psi in them all the time.

They do howl at highway speeds but not unbearable.

I should get about 35,000 - 40,000 out of these tires.

Oh, they do hurt the fuel mileage, I noticed a 2mpg drop in fuel mpg. I went from 18-20mpg to 16- 18mpg.

Hopes this helps.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Top 5 American Tires!

I have the Cooper Adventurer AT3, same tire as the Discover Series. Just badged Adventurer when sold through PepBoys.com. For the price value they are great. Buy 3 get 1 free online promo at PepBoys.com $146 per tire. They are E- rated and 10 ply which we need for our Diesels.

I did plenty of research. My decision was based on You-Tube videos especially from the Hot Shot delivery guys that put a beating on tires. Most of them favor the Cooper Discovery XLT AT3.

I have 15K miles on them and they still look new. I rotate at 10K miles at oil changes. Keep all tires at 70 psi. (Make big difference on rears when hitting pot hots) I fill to 80 psi on rear when towing).

Yes I did lose a few mpg's on highway. Previous tires where the stock Firestone Trans-Junks.

My truck is still stock with no deletes or tunes. I am currently at 98K miles. No issues at all so far.

I use Hot Shot Secrets fuel and oil additives. Regens are happening maybe once a month and I do mostly city driving.

Da da da that's all folks.

Gp

2016 2500 Cummins Outdoorsman 4X4 Bright White 68RFE 275/70/18 Cooper's Adventurer AT stock rims. All stock so far....

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123