Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: 2018 RAM Box Bed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2018 RAM Box Bed

So my B&W hide a Hitch will be here Wednesday and I'm wanting to install a 7-way hookup in the bed.

I've got RAM boxes and just curious as to how some people may have mounted the plug?

2018 2500 Limited Tungsten --- MM3 by DRD, Banks 3.5" horn, Banks grid heater delete, S&B dry filter, JAMO 5", ARP 625, FASS 165 w/sump pump

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 RAM Box Bed

I am thinking of doing this soon as well.

I can't speak from experience but I did find this video on YouTube where he installs the wiring on a '19 with Ramboxes.

I'm not sure if it would be any different on an 18?

I can't add the link on this computer but the video is called "Ram Box Gooseneck wiring install".

He installs it on the driver side just above the led light.

Hope this helps!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    2018 RAM 2500 Crew Cab / 68RFE / Granite Crystal Metallic / Bilstein 2.3 Leveling Kit 5160s with 5100s Rear Shocks / Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer / N-FAB Nerf Bars / Rough Country Steering Brace / Cooper STT Pro 295/65r20 on Stock Wheels / 55w HID Low Beam / LED High Beam and Fog Lights / Ranch Hand Front and Rear.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I followed that YouTube video, it was easy, took about an hour after I installed the factory goose neck kit.

Nothing really tricky, one of my 4 screws didn't go into metal because the hole OD was a little big and I had to offset the plug in the hole to avoid the wiring harness hitting the back of it on the RAMBOX.

Black RTV silicon to insure a waterproof seal.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmarchjr View Post
    I followed that YouTube video, it was easy, took about an hour after I installed the factory goose neck kit.

Nothing really tricky, one of my 4 screws didn't go into metal because the hole OD was a little big and I had to offset the plug in the hole to avoid the wiring harness hitting the back of it on the RAMBOX.

Black RTV silicon to insure a waterproof seal.

What OD would you recommend for the hole to avoid the issue?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    2018 RAM 2500 Crew Cab / 68RFE / Granite Crystal Metallic / Bilstein 2.3 Leveling Kit 5160s with 5100s Rear Shocks / Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer / N-FAB Nerf Bars / Rough Country Steering Brace / Cooper STT Pro 295/65r20 on Stock Wheels / 55w HID Low Beam / LED High Beam and Fog Lights / Ranch Hand Front and Rear.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I was a bit of a dummy and drilled the hole size that the guy in the video used, but my plug was a bit smaller then his.

I should have used 1 7/8"-2" but instead I used 2 1/8" so it was my bad because I watched the video then proceeded to not read the directions on the kit I bought.

10. Thanks milo99 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well I went to install my B&W hide a hitch and the dang JAMO 5” exhaust is in the way.

I’m honestly thinking about buying an older dually and just using it instead.

2018 2500 Limited Tungsten --- MM3 by DRD, Banks 3.5" horn, Banks grid heater delete, S&B dry filter, JAMO 5", ARP 625, FASS 165 w/sump pump

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post