Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: New MM3 Installed - Couple Of Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New MM3 Installed - Couple Of Questions

So, this weekend I installed my newly acquired MM3 as supplied by @DRD.

When first powering up the unit, I was expecting a firmware update (per other threads and videos I've seen), but I don't think that happened.

I'm presuming that the update was done prior to me receiving?

There was some sort of "Uxxxx" error at first, but I was able to continue on, agree to terms, use the VIN, etc.

Then, I retrieved the stock file which was so fast I almost wondered if it was even retrieved. I have since copied the file (approx 284b, I think) to my PC. So, I guess that's right?

After retrieving the stock file, I then loaded the custom tune, and all has been well during the 4-5 times I've driven the truck.

If all seems OK now, and I'm not getting any errors, should I just not even worry about that initial error? I seem to have the latest firmware with the "switch" function, etc...

Lastly, now that I can see the ECM voltage from start-up, is it normal for the voltage to hover around 12 volts for maybe 10-15 seconds and then jump to 14ish volts for the rest of the trip?

Just curious as to why it's not 14 from the start - does it take the ECM that long to verify proper voltage before applying or something?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New MM3 Installed - Couple Of Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Z. View Post
    So, this weekend I installed my newly acquired MM3 as supplied by @DRD.

When first powering up the unit, I was expecting a firmware update (per other threads and videos I've seen), but I don't think that happened.

I'm presuming that the update was done prior to me receiving?

There was some sort of "Uxxxx" error at first, but I was able to continue on, agree to terms, use the VIN, etc.

Then, I retrieved the stock file which was so fast I almost wondered if it was even retrieved. I have since copied the file (approx 284b, I think) to my PC. So, I guess that's right?

After retrieving the stock file, I then loaded the custom tune, and all has been well during the 4-5 times I've driven the truck.

If all seems OK now, and I'm not getting any errors, should I just not even worry about that initial error? I seem to have the latest firmware with the "switch" function, etc...

Lastly, now that I can see the ECM voltage from start-up, is it normal for the voltage to hover around 12 volts for maybe 10-15 seconds and then jump to 14ish volts for the rest of the trip?

Just curious as to why it's not 14 from the start - does it take the ECM that long to verify proper voltage before applying or something?
    No worries about the error.

The voltages you are seeing are normal.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: New MM3 Installed - Couple Of Questions

If you want to make sure you have the latest firmware update:

Download the MM3 autoagent on your laptop (windows) and connect your SD card to the laptop using the adapter.

The autoagent will take care of the rest of the updating.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Jake Z., watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post