Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Airaid Modular Intake Pipe

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Airaid Modular Intake Pipe

Hey everyone, I know it's pretty commonplace to remove the foam insert from the baffle in the stock intake, which I have already done, but in my old 5.9 I made a Willy's Whistler setup and was gonna try to do the same with my 6.7.

I saw Airaid makes the modular intake tube for the 2013+ trucks, but my truck is a 2012.

It makes sense to me that the pipe would fit in okay on a 12, but I figured I'd check here if there are any differences between the 2012 and 2013 model trucks with respect to the air intakes in that section from the turbo to the airbox.

I know the newer trucks use the active air system, but does that change the routing of the intake pipe coming up from the turbo?

I'd like to run this modular intake pipe on my truck to free up some working space, and maybe add some turbo sound. I know it won't net me much if any power, that's not my goal here anyways.

Thanks in advance!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Airaid Modular Intake Pipe

Sadly none of the bigger brands make one for the older 6.7s. I sent you a PM with an option you may want to consider. Welcome to the forum!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks Turndown375 thanked for this post
    Likes Turndown375 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, I appreciate it! Any ideas why it won't work? I would've thought it would be the same between 2012-2013 for the intake tube anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Sadly none of the bigger brands make one for the older 6.7s. I sent you a PM with an option you may want to consider. Welcome to the forum!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Turndown375 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it! Any ideas why it won't work? I would've thought it would be the same between 2012-2013 for the intake tube anyways...
    I tried to reply to you but your inbox is full. Probably the angles due to the 13+ trucks having the active air box. If you need anything in the future don't hesitate to PM or email me!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Turndown375 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sorry about that, I must have been in the process of deleting them when you tried to message me. Should be good to go now! That's unfortunate, I would've thought it would be the same, or at least similar enough it would work. Not to worry, I don't mind fabricating stuff myself. Thanks for all of your help and support I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    I tried to reply to you but your inbox is full. Probably the angles due to the 13+ trucks having the active air box. If you need anything in the future don't hesitate to PM or email me!

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Turndown375 View Post
    Sorry about that, I must have been in the process of deleting them when you tried to message me. Should be good to go now! That's unfortunate, I would've thought it would be the same, or at least similar enough it would work. Not to worry, I don't mind fabricating stuff myself. Thanks for all of your help and support I appreciate it!
    Anytime friend, let us know what you come up with!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks Turndown375 thanked for this post