Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Deep Transmission Pan?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Good call, I did take the sticker off already and I was curious about the paint on there.

I feel as if it might come off while in the hot fluid.

My pan did come with a gasket as well, but I ordered some Mopar transmission pan sealer it works amazing no leaks guaranteed, but getting it back off and cleaned up is a chore.

Unfortunately I will be dropping off the truck atvs garage because I don't have a scanner to clear the CVI values to so the trans relearn, and I also just had a baby boy so time is limited.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Mag-Hytec Double Deep Trans pan love mine no problems best one around in my mind.
    BigDaddy: In your honest opinion - what do you think it's best at?

When compared to all the other high quality similar pans...

I'll be honest since installing the ATS Thermal by-pass - extra cooling is not really a concern - but another small drop won't hurt.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

OK so the VB and pan is installed, the gasket got thrown away and I had them just use the Mopar RTV, stuff works great no leaks, and I used Amsoil signature series ATF, so my first impression from this is, tune set on lowest setting 30HP, and going through the trans relearn process now.

I can see the line pressure is already improved and it's not tuned for the Revmax yet.

The down shifting is way better also, once i get the relearn done i will be pushing it a little more to see what shes got.

Max line pressure so far was 183.6 on the MM3.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

6. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, Mdavlee liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking to do some similar upgrades soon.

Any updates on drivability post trans relearn and with the new tune?

Thanks!

2018 Laramie
    DRD voodoo with Flo Pro
    Carli King Pintop 2.5 leveling kit with adj track bar, torsion sway bar, & steering stabilizer
    18" Method NV 305 HDs (bronze) with Nitto RG 35s

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Revmax VB, deep pan, and bypass have been great for me.

The truck shifts better and stays cooler.

Worth it!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Re: Which Deep Transmission Pan?

Good to hear!

Thanks-

2018 Laramie
    DRD voodoo with Flo Pro
    Carli King Pintop 2.5 leveling kit with adj track bar, torsion sway bar, & steering stabilizer
    18" Method NV 305 HDs (bronze) with Nitto RG 35s

12. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Re: Which Deep Transmission Pan?

Just got a PPE pan.

I am impressed with the quality, seems pretty heavy duty.

The shipping weight was around 15lbs, it is a stout pan.

Magnet on the drain plug is very strong.

Comes with Allen bolts to attach pan.

Powder coat is nice.

2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab, MM3 with DRD Tune, Pusher Intake and coolant bypass, Method Race rims, Luverne Grip Steps, Kussmaul Auto Eject, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Uniden Bearcat 980SS

14. Thanks hrd2kdnp thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12