Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Bar In The Bumper

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Light Bar In The Bumper

I'm wanting to run a light bar between the tow hooks.

The Rigid Industries 30" Adapt bar is what I'll be running

It looks like the length of the bar is anywhere between 31.53-32.53.

If I buy a standard 30" bar mount will it fit?

Curious if anyone has any luck in this department.

2018 2500 Limited Tungsten --- MM3 by DRD, Banks 3.5" horn, Banks grid heater delete, S&B dry filter, JAMO 5", ARP 625, FASS 165 w/sump pump

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Usually the bars are measured to the OD including mounting brackets.

With how you describe the setup it looks like the bar may be a touch too wide.

You may be able to flex bar out but I would look for a 32” bracket or a bit larger and add a washer if needed.

Much easier to fill space than make it.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks JSSmoke1074, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

X2 ^^^^

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes walla2k5, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Reviving an old thread, but I was curious if someone had a kit for adding a light bar in this location, or if everyone who has done this mod.

I just purchased a certain length and certain bracket to install a light bar in this location?

Also there seems to be a decent amount of room behind the bumper.

When doing this install did you guys have to remove the bumper, or were you able to do it with leaving it on?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I mounted mine with the bumper on but had to install the mounting brackets on the tow mount bolts.

Bottom bolt easy but that top one is a bear to get to unless you have small hands.

I used lock tight on the tow hook bolts so I wouldn’t have to try and reach up there to retighten the bolts if they came loose.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes walla2k5, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What light did you end up using?

(Length) and just use the normal "L" bracket?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    What light did you end up using?

(Length) and just use the normal "L" bracket?

It’s a 20” no-name bar light I purchased off of eBay.

I’ve had it around 5 years now.

I had this on my Eco Diesel and traded that truck when I bought my Cummins new.

Yes “L” brackets are what I have.

I tried to get some closeup shots of the bracket.

14. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I also used a noname 20" light bar from Amazon but instead made a mount that attached to the bumper through the license plate holes.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

those both look great! thanks guys! That space is just so stinking empty and my rig doesn't have fogs. So i wanted to add a bar in there to help shine a little light when i am cruising the back roads on my way to work

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    those both look great! thanks guys! That space is just so stinking empty and my rig doesn't have fogs. So i wanted to add a bar in there to help shine a little light when i am cruising the back roads on my way to work
    Thanks man.

Here where I live it’s against the law to have these lights on a public highway but I mainly use it as my high beams on the back roads.

I mounted an on/off switch on my gear shiftier. (G56)

19. Likes walla2k5, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast