Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  65
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light Bar In The Bumper

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Light Bar In The Bumper

Congrats Jo!

Keep us up to date - Updating lighting was on my bucket list.
    Was going to keep the stock quads & either go with LEDs lights or HIDs - I don't know if changing bulb brands will make that much difference. (High Beams are fine - Low Beams are practically Worthless)

From what I have read & heard HIDs are the way to go with reflector style lights but they get hot! (Reflector Style Lights seem handle the heat best and are better suited)
    LEDs seem to have a short life span - Still thinking this is my best option - but I want all my lights up front to have the same color - Don't want to be that Captain Goober driving down the road with Blue Fogs / Blue Headlights / White Light bar <------

I might start with these in the Fogs & then the Headlights - then last finish with a small light bar or Pods.

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...-4-?quantity=1

Please keep us up to date!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Congrats Jo!

Was going to keep the stock quads & either go with LEDs lights or HIDs - I don't know if changing bulb brands will make that much difference.

From what I have read & heard HIDs are the way to go with reflector style lights but they get hot! (Reflector Style Lights seem handle the heat best and are better suited)
    LEDs seem to have a short life span - Still thinking this is my best option - but I want all my lights up front to have the same color - Don't want to be that Captain Goober driving down the road with Blue Fogs / Blue Headlights / White Light bar <------
    I have HID’s at 5,000k in my projectors and Morimoto LED fog lights. The 5,000k color match the LED color pretty close.
    HID’s get hot but not as hot as halogen bulbs. Projectors are better suited for LED, HID for light dispersion than the non projectors.
    Trust me I’ve owned several Rams with non projectors with aftermarket bulbs in them and they will blind on coming traffic.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I have HID’s at 5,000k in my projectors and Morimoto LED fog lights. The 5,000k color match the LED color pretty close.
    HID’s get hot but not as hot as halogen bulbs. Projectors are better suited for LED, HID for light dispersion than the non projectors.
    Trust me I’ve owned several Rams with non projectors with aftermarket bulbs in them and they will blind on coming traffic.

What Bulb Brands would you recommend?

I'm up for any suggestions.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

What Bulb Brands would you recommend?

I'm up for any suggestions.
    I purchased my HID kit from Diode Dynamics.

Full 3 year warranty on everything, no questions asked.

I’ve been buying from them for years.

Good products.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I understand your reasoning & results.

Few years ago - My son installed HIDs in his Stock Projectors (GMC) & installed the Morimoto Fogs below (Due to he could direct the light where he needed it the best) & he has no need for a light bar.
    This set up - is amazing - I would be ideally thrilled If I could achieve this same result.

I just have read & heard the Projector design is far more superior in light out put when compared to the the Reflector design - be it HIDs or LEDs.
    Granted I do know all Projector Light Brands are not the same. (The Quality of Projector Lens is vital)

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Congrats Jo!

Was going to keep the stock quads & either go with LEDs lights or HIDs - I don't know if changing bulb brands will make that much difference. (High Beams are fine - Low Beams are practically Worthless)

I might start with these in the Fogs & then the Headlights - then last finish with a small light bar or Pods.

https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...-4-?quantity=1

Please keep us up to date!
    Thanks! I came from a loaded F150 with HIDs to this ram. I miss those headlights!

I live in the country and leave in the weeeeeee hours of the morning to go to work.

The wife unit doesn't like driving at night, so i'm always driving at night.

My current headlights have condensation in them pretty badly, and I knew that when i bought the truck (good hagglin tool).

I have the housings purchased in a box in the garage (which you can see in another thread actually LOL).

So with stock reflector housings i'm good with HID bulbs?

I don't have fogs (obviously you can tell from my pic LOL), but i'm like you.

I want all of my lights to match colors LOL.

At this time I haven't bothered using my high beams when i have my light bar on, but when I turn it off, I feel like i'm driving with only my parking lights on LOL

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

12. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123