Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  65
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Light Bar In The Bumper

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Light Bar In The Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    those both look great! thanks guys! That space is just so stinking empty and my rig doesn't have fogs. So i wanted to add a bar in there to help shine a little light when i am cruising the back roads on my way to work
    It's like they wanted us to put a light bar in there.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    It's like they wanted us to put a light bar in there.

Greg
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    My exact thoughts! LOL.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Keep in mind I'm still unpacking from our move.

I live in Michigan, and it's cold out!

Apparently, I can only work on this **** thing in stages, LOL.

I'm still trying to find ALL of my tools (damn kids!).

I'm having a hell of a time getting to the two nuts for the tow hook on the tow hooks' radiator side.

I have one bracket installed but gave up last night as my hands were getting too cold, and i had to perform 'daddy' dooties (and I do mean dooty), so I stopped at that one side.

I also currently have the wiring ran & hooked up, but I haven't drilled a hole in the dash yet for the switch.

The rough country wiring harness makes things a tad more difficult as the 3 position switch is a rectangle!

So the switch is just hanging out of the way at this time, LOL.

Not pleased with the progress, but sometimes you gotta take your time.

Please help a brother out and give me your hints/tricks/tips to get off the cold concrete driveway! LOL

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

4. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    Keep in mind I'm still unpacking from our move.

I live in Michigan, and it's cold out!

Apparently, I can only work on this **** thing in stages, LOL.

I'm still trying to find ALL of my tools (damn kids!).

I'm having a hell of a time getting to the two nuts for the tow hook on the tow hooks' radiator side.

I have one bracket installed but gave up last night as my hands were getting too cold, and i had to perform 'daddy' dooties (and I do mean dooty), so I stopped at that one side.

I also currently have the wiring ran & hooked up, but I haven't drilled a hole in the dash yet for the switch.

The rough country wiring harness makes things a tad more difficult as the 3 position switch is a rectangle!

So the switch is just hanging out of the way at this time, LOL.

Not pleased with the progress, but sometimes you gotta take your time.

Please help a brother out and give me your hints/tricks/tips to get off the cold concrete driveway! LOL
    Those top bolts are tough to get too. I used a long thin angled wrench but it took me forever to get those nuts off.

Now putting those nuts back on was even even more of a pain getting them started. It takes some patience for sure.

I did add a dab of lock tight to the threads when I put it all back together so there wouldn’t be a chance of those nuts backing off in the future.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes SyN, walla2k5, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Yeah the kit I got from Rough Country which requires me to remove all 4 bolts/nuts to secure the mounting bracket.

I think I'm just going to buy a couple long extensions after work today since I can't seem to find a couple that I know I have (once again.. darn kids).

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Get a sheet of R15 foam board from the hardware store to insulate yourself from the ground.

I usually cut it in four equal parts and it is easier on the knees.

2018 srw 3500

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

IMG_6708[1].jpg

I finally got time Saturday after the boss got out of work and installed my single row light bar.

It was an option for DRL as well.

I dig it. Lights up the road to the point that I can hardly tell if my high beams are on or not, LOL.

Next up.

Swapping the headlights and adding brighter bulbs.

11. Thanks watersupply189, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Looks good.

Are you going LED bulbs?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Looks good.

Are you going LED bulbs?
    not 100% sure which bulbs i'll be going with at this time. I'm not doing projector housings, just replacement housings. I don't want to be 'that guy' and have the wrong kind of bulbs in my housings and blind the crap out of everyone, but at the same time, i like to see the road while driving LOL.

any suggestions?

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Looks good man! I use my bar light for high beams all the time. I don’t think I’ve ever turned on my actual high beams on but maybe twice since I bought my truck new. LOL

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Likes SyN liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast