Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help have a few question would love all input

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

need help have a few question would love all input

so i have a 2011 ram 3500 srw. im the third owner and it had 92 k when i got it and i DPF and egr deleted it and installed a mm3 tuner and s&b air intake. my questions are is sitting in park my trans pressure is at say 62 psi when i hit the brake it jumps to 129 psi and will stay till i hold of the brake. is this normal . at 15 psi of boost my ex pressure is at 28psi is this normal or do i have an underlieing problem and i think im getting a defueling problem while pulling and on a hard pull

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: need help have a few question would love all input

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid958 View Post
    so i have a 2011 ram 3500 srw. im the third owner and it had 92 k when i got it and i DPF and egr deleted it and installed a mm3 tuner and s&b air intake. my questions are is sitting in park my trans pressure is at say 62 psi when i hit the brake it jumps to 129 psi and will stay till i hold of the brake. is this normal . at 15 psi of boost my ex pressure is at 28psi is this normal or do i have an underlieing problem and i think im getting a defueling problem while pulling and on a hard pull
    Ill have to double check my line pressure on MM3 but that sounds like it should be correct with line pressure. When applying the brake the trans is getting ready to change gears/become active so increase the line pressure for the movement desired.

Exhaust pressure sounds correct. These truck with stock VGT turbos have about 1.5-2x pressure of boost.

what makes you think truck is defueling? How are rail pressures?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Hybrid958, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Rail pressure seems fine will hit 26k this is what makes me think I'm refueling https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=747665098

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Rail pressure seems fine will hit 26k this is what makes me think I'm refueling [video]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10162935483255099&id=74766509 8[/url]
    Does it only do it when burning out? That seems like traction control/nanny kicking on. Even with traction control off If the wheel is turned at all when tires break loose the truck will defuel by design

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Does it only do it when burning out? That seems like traction control/nanny kicking on. Even with traction control off If the wheel is turned at all when tires break loose the truck will defuel by design

its done it while pulling tractor out of mud hole and once under hard hard pull its fallen flat on its face but ive had the truck side ways and it will just keep rolling with it till i let off the skinny peddle so i dont know when i want it to break loose and roll with it it wont but when i dont really want it to it will flat out run for days and my truck doesnt have a trac control button so idk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

its done it while pulling tractor out of mud hole and once under hard hard pull its fallen flat on its face but ive had the truck side ways and it will just keep rolling with it till i let off the skinny peddle so i dont know when i want it to break loose and roll with it it wont but when i dont really want it to it will flat out run for days and my truck doesnt have a trac control button so idk
    Maybe someone else will chime in but I’m willing to bet it’s the ECM/stability control shutting it down. Traction control is stage one and stability control is stage two. On the 13+ If you cut the traction control off you can spin some but eventually stability control will kick on which you can’t help without pulling a fuse. One way to find out is pull your ABS fuse. If you do make sure it’s on a closed course as you are at your own risk!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Maybe someone else will chime in but I’m willing to bet it’s the ECM/stability control shutting it down. Traction control is stage one and stability control is stage two. On the 13+ If you cut the traction control off you can spin some but eventually stability control will kick on which you can’t help without pulling a fuse. One way to find out is pull your ABS fuse. If you do make sure it’s on a closed course as you are at your own risk!
    Would this still pertain to a 2011?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Would this still pertain to a 2011?
    My understanding is yes. ABS disabled = no traction control at all

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Welcome friend!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

18. Likes david3gen liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast