Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  45
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HELP! Water in oil?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: HELP! Water in oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Branden Johnson View Post
    Water pump repair at 60k miles is the only service work shown other than oil changes.
    That was probably the water pump recall.

Just so you know you can go to Mopar.com create a login, enter your VIN and check all the recalls.

I had 10 recalls and 3 campaigns on my 2014 so far.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

The green tint would not be coolant unless you changed to non-OAT coolant. And if the antifreeze was leaking in, your oil would change colors. It would be coffee brown, not the normal coffee black.

Now, there are really only two ways the oil level would increase. A water or fuel leak. But since the test came back negative, who knows. If you have a UV light, shine it on the oil and see if it glows. If it does you know there is a dye. Had it done on my truck once, many bottles later it took awhile to get the oil back to normal.

Last item, make sure to always check the oil level cold, first thing in the am before you start the truck. Any other check for what you are after is just guessing.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, InlineSix.7, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    The green tint would not be coolant unless you changed to non-OAT coolant. And if the antifreeze was leaking in, your oil would change colors. It would be coffee brown, not the normal coffee black.

Now, there are really only two ways the oil level would increase. A water or fuel leak. But since the test came back negative, who knows. If you have a UV light, shine it on the oil and see if it glows. If it does you know there is a dye. Had it done on my truck once, many bottles later it took awhile to get the oil back to normal.

Last item, make sure to always check the oil level cold, first thing in the am before you start the truck. Any other check for what you are after is just guessing.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
    If it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

using Tapatalk
    I like the UV light idea.

I will try that.

Maybe you're right and it could be residual.

I have been checking my oil level cold in the morning or after work where it's sitting for 9 hours or so.

I will keep monitoring this.

Thank you for the input!

BJohnson

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Sending out another oil analysis to Blackstone today.

Mileage is 3,600 miles - double the mileage of the first analysis.

Will be curious to compare the viscosity and water dilution to the original sample.

I will report back in a few weeks as I always hate when people leave a thread open ended.

BJohnson

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Dmilli92 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Just to close this one out.

Sample at 3,600 miles came back good.

Iron was slightly high but most likely due to high amounts of stop and go driving around town.

No water in the oil so now I'm thinking maybe somehow it was residue from the previous owner?

Seems far fetched but who knows.

Seems to be good now.

I also just switched to Valvoline premium blue oil as I've heard great things about it.

Fingers crossed all stays well.

See you guys on the next topic.

BJohnson

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234