Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Thoughts on Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller for 6.7L CTD

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thoughts on Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller for 6.7L CTD

Hope is is the appropriate thread for this question: Have a decent friend and co-worker show up the other evening in a new GMC Denali 4WD (Duramax) - $80K Plus! We talk about diesels alot in our spare time at work - Well to get to the question!
    This morning hes shows up for work and asks me if my Bighorn has a Pedal Commander? Of course I replied back - Ah No Dumb A$$ - why would I need one of those.

Well he has had this $80K truck for 3 days and has already installed one - told me it took him 15min with total install.
    After work yesterday he unplugged it and let me drive it - Up and down the highway! This Denali is Friggin Sweet!
    Then he plugged it back in and let me drive it - & the throttle response was ridiculously better! Hardly any lag what so ever from the motor - extremely responsive.

I was very impressed - but for $279 I really don't know for just everyday driving - Towing med to heavy I feel it would be a awesome investment...

Now: I'm curious do you think this device would create the same response from our 6.7L? What's the general thoughts or impressions of this device - (For those who know of it or have it installed).
    Do any of you already have one of these magical black boxes already installed? If so please share your experiences.

https://pedalcommander.com/

Thanks SyN

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thoughts on Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller for 6.7L CTD

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Hope is is the appropriate thread for this question: Have a decent friend and co-worker show up the other evening in a new GMC Denali 4WD (Duramax) - $80K Plus! We talk about diesels alot in our spare time at work - Well to get to the question!
    This morning hes shows up for work and asks me if my Bighorn has a Pedal Commander? Of course I replied back - Ah No Dumb A$$ - why would I need one of those.

Well he has had this $80K truck for 3 days and has already installed one - told me it took him 15min with total install.
    After work yesterday he unplugged it and let me drive it - Up and down the highway! This Denali is Friggin Sweet!
    Then he plugged it back in and let me drive it - & the throttle response was ridiculously better! Hardly any lag what so ever from the motor - extremely responsive.

I was very impressed - but for $279 I really don't know for just everyday driving - Towing med to heavy I feel it would be a awesome investment...

Now: I'm curious do you think this device would create the same response from our 6.7L? What's the general thoughts or impressions of this device - (For those who know of it or have it installed).
    Do any of you already have one of these magical black boxes already installed? If so please share your experiences.

Thanks SyN
    I went into the link you provided and listed the year, model etc of my truck and only options they give for a motor is gas only? No 6.7

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks SyN
    Pedal commanders don’t do anything other than exaggerate the throttle position.

Sure, they’re adjustable to have a light throttle or a heavy throttle but it’s the exact same thing as you mashing the pedal to pass a car in traffic or go light throttle to hyper mile your way to 25+mpg.

A lot of people are under the false belief that these things add horsepower but they don’t, at all.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, Jaxonsram liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I can tell that same difference when I adjust the pedals position.

So I leave mine raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well Since - I said nothing about feeling more power on my test drive - What I definitely noticed was the throttle response was much more precise and seemed to be zero lag... Esp compared to my 6.7L with only 9800 miles on her.
    But for the cost - It just might not be the ideal modification... (But my interest is still at a high level).

Watersupply: I noticed the same thing.
    Thank You for your replies!
    I will call the company & ask about availability for the 6.7L...

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well Since - I said nothing about feeling more power on my test drive - What I definitely noticed was the throttle response was much more precise and seemed to be zero lag... Esp compared to my 6.7L with only 9800 miles on her.
    But for the cost - It just might not be the ideal modification... (But my interest is still at a high level).

Watersupply: I noticed the same thing.
    Thank You for your replies!
    I will call the company & ask about availability for the 6.7L...
    Can you adjust your pedal position?

I can adjust the location of mine.

When it’s away from me, it seems like the power isn’t there. I adjust it closer and lots more throttle response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post